Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
moquito's
8 Posts
Definietly take some replelent with you. I would also suggest taking some Piriton with you in case you do get bitten. We went in November and had no problems at all, went again 2 weeks ago and on my first night I ended up with 27 bites on one foot. Yes I did count them as I was amazed at how they had just got me in the one spot - hence why I reccomend Piriton as it does help the bites go down. I tend to take the Boots own brand repellent and it does work as long as you remember to unpack it on the first night.
for mossie,s i use lemon they fdont come near you either ask for a slice at the bar or take a jiffy lemon with you works a treat.
We came back from Egypt yesterday and the mossies were rife. We've been to Egypt 3 times and it's the worst we've ever been biten. I have 6 on one leg, 2 on the other and 1 on my arm. Hubby has quite a few on his legs too! We used after sun with repellent, an actual repellent spray plus a plug -in in the room!
I'm not going til July, will they stil be buzzing then, or will it be too hot and dry by then??

J.
The easiest way to remember is wherever there is water there are mossies, whatever the month, always take puritan at least 2 weeks before departure and continue taking on your hols. Check some makes as some are one tablet a day and some are 4-5 a day, plus there are makes out there that send you drowsy, so if it is one pill a day i recommend taking it before you go to sleep.
Julian they will still be there then so ensure you take your repellents.
Mozzies normally eat me alive, but since using Avon Skin So Soft, I've never had a problem.

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.