Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We went to Alcudia a few years ago and also got badly bitten. I think the reason is that mosquitoes are near water and in the evenings, because some of the bars are next to the canals, this is why they seem to be worse there than any other resort. Been to Santa Ponsa also, and had no problem at all.
Hi we went to Santa Ponsa last month and I didn't get bitten once. I was bitten 14 times somewhere else so I know how you feel (big nasty bites) :yikes You should be absolutely fine in Santa Ponsa
Thank you to both of you for the replies,I feel much better about Santa Ponsa now. I really don't think that I could go through what I went through last year in Alcudia again,I don't think that I have ever felt so ill,Or out of pocket either,It cost me 100 euros to see a Doctor and for the 3 items on my Prescription :yikes

Does anyone know of any nice places to eat in Santa Ponsa?,We don't like anything too flash,just good tasty value for money food.

Once again thank you.
you should of gone to a nhs clinic instead.you would of only paid for say tablets.i am bad when i get bitten.i had needles and allsorts.but only pain for tablets later wow 1.95 euro.use your e11 card.
When we were in Santa Ponsa we ate at Jackies, which is just over the road from the beach, next to Burger King or at a place called something like the Duke of Wellington. This was on the road from the area where most of the pubs are going towards the Square where they have outdoor entertainment. You could also have a trip to Magaluf or Palma Nova - was about 10 euros in taxi but that was a couple of years ago so may be slightly more now. Plenty of eating / drinking places there
Thank you for that,We will more than likely try Jackies,We've never been to Magaluf or Palma Nova so we will definitely be going to those resorts,We are going to go to Port De Andratx...How on earth do you pronounce it :think

Regards.
I'm going to Santa Ponsa next week for the first time. I'm hoping there are some Spanish bars where I can get a selection of tapas and a jungle of sangria to wash it all down! All the reviews seem to suggest it's mainly British food, Chinese or burgers.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I was in Santa Ponsa in June this year and mossies were out in force! Had to go buy plug-in thingys for the apartment, anthistimine and some insect repellent to use in the evenings. Not had a problem at this time of year before (although previously always stayed on the east coast).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.