Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I hope not, as I am going there next month too.

I will bring some insect repellent with me though.

I think they have more mozzies in Alcudia (I think)

Hopefully someone will answer your question.
Hi no experience of mossies in Palma Nova, been there 4 times but the once I went to Santa Ponsa I came back with infected bites as it was so bad despite loads of spray, apparently Santa Ponsa is built on marshland, don't know how true that is?

Jo
Karen, no mozzies while we were out there in april.

Deb xx
That's good, I always get bitten, ignore my last question on the other post :tup

Karen :sun2
Salgor

I am always bitten badly whenever I go abroad, but I can safely say I never recevied one bite when we stayed in Palma Nova a few years ago, I was well pleased :), not sure if that will happen this year though as we are going to Alcudia (mozzie hell)

Sarah
mossie are there all the time really.its just that you must be lucky not to get bitten.or have hard tanned skin.
On the subject of mozzies, I stay in the Port area of Alcudia and always go in July and haven't been bitten once. I haven't even seen a mozzie in that area of Alcudia.
Can someone (with more experience than me! ) tell me if i've just been lucky or are the mozzies usualy just around the lake area?
mozzies love any water area.so when it rains look out.
Just returned from Palma Nova - Mozzies are out in force this year. Its the first year that i've seen them in the numbers i have just seen them in.
I was there 19th May - 2nd June.
I we all got bit by the little blighters.

As we came out of the Pirate show to walk back to Palma Nova, they dive bombed us.
Over the road a crowd of girls legged it screaming :rofl

There were also squashed Mozzies on the wall of our apartment, from previous occupants, and us too :rofl
you need to get the plug ins.from any super market.they work a treat.
Returned from Santa Ponsa two weeks ago after 12 days of temperatures up to 35!I had a few bites although I had used repellent grrrr..must have missed one area behind my knee..the mozzies didnt! Ended up with sore big lump, i went to the local pharmacy who sold me antibiotic cream, this worked a treat, wish we could just buy stuff like this over the counter in U.K.Was interesting to hear the theory that Santa Ponsa was built on swamp, would explain a lot! Despite the mozzie bites I had a great time! Sat here listening to the pouring rain,how I wish I was back in the sun!!
Just got back from Alcudia and Palma Nova and didn't see one mozzie. Talking to others there and they hadn't seen any either!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.