General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi
Mine only happened a couple of years ago whilst on holiday in not so sunny P Pollensa.
I have this thing that even if I dont go in the sea for a swim I must at least walk on the edge of the sea or stand on steps whilst the sea laps over my feet
We were walking long the sea front when we saw a small jetty and steps leading into the sea, my partner said go on do what you usually do and go down the steps, my last words to him were that your to blame if I fall in then in I went fully clothed. There I was my leg and hip all bloodied and absolutely wet trough :cry
I had to walk about 2 miles back to the hotel with a thin nylon type mac over my clothes dripping all the way,
I have got to say even though I was a bit sore we did have a laugh about it. :rofl
remember being on holiday in Ibiza with a work friend ,and as most young ladies we sunbathed topless, after we returned home from hols my i was sat in the office and there was a knoock at the window and my frined said hey Lynne i brought somebody to see you , and there appeared one of the boys that were at the same hotel , he was a rep and had come in to the store where i worked and all i remember was thinking he's seen my boobs , i blushed for wales
In Olu Deniz......OH had gone to get some lunch whilst I was in the sea.

The 'shelf' from the beach to tsea was quite steep and the sea was rough. As I tried to climb out I got swept up to shore and landed liked a beached whale with boobs out as they had escaped from the bikini and gravel in my pants!!!

I was mortified.......luckily OH missed it!!!
Years ago (pre kids!), hubby and I got a very cheap, really last minute deal to Majorca. I rushed around buying some clothes - saw a cheap summery dress in my size and thought it would do, so didn't try it on. Anyway, one night I decided to wear it - only to find it was rather lower cut than I had anticipated - and I'm, shall we say "voluptuous" in that department. Wore it anyway and after our meal, we stopped to watch some locals playing boules. After a while, I wondered why some of them kept staring at me, only for hubby to nudge me. Well, when I looked down, I'd only gone and "popped out" of my dress - braless! Was I mortified or what??? :duh
Think my most embarrasing moment must be when I was at the Hotel Oasis Park in Salou about ten years ago.

I woke up to a loud bang only to discover that the loud bang was infact the emergency exit door to the hotel closing on me. I had slep walked and now found myself standing on the outside of the hotel on the emergency staircase with no way of getting back in. I'm just glad I always sleep with boxers on or it could have been worse :yikes . I had to then walk to the bottom of the emergency exit, down the street about 50 yards and back into reception in just my boxers at about 5am.

To be honest, the reception staff looked at me as if to say they had seen it all before :rofl
slightly better than my hubby in Cyprus then Mark. After visiting the bathroom during the night, he turned the wrong way, and was on the landing stark naked :really He heard the lift coming, & there wasn't even a mat in sight to cover his modesty with, so he found a corner and hid round there, just hoping that the lift wouldn't stop on that floor. As he'd shut the bedroom door, because the air conditioning on, it took ages for me to hear him hammering on the door. As usual of course - It was all MY FAULT :rofl
Hahaha lovin this stories guys! Really brightening my day up :)
Keep em comin! :rofl

CourtneeLouise xxx
a few years in corfu we were walking along the beach and i fell down a hole that someone had dug whilst making sandcastles etc, i really should watch were im walking.
last year in zante we had gone to the water park and after going down one of the slides and splashing down at the bottom my boobs fell out of my tankini, i nearly died!!!
Most embarassing holiday moment for me was in Taba a few years back. It was when the trouble was on the Gazza strip. Our hotel was only 100yards from the Israeli border and I was quite panicky and didn't want to go there. The first day we were there I was happily lying on the sun lounger on the beach, when I heard a load of gun fire :yikes . I dived off the lounger to take cover, only to look around and see nobody else moving. It was in fact a navy ship practising out at sea :rofl :rofl They practised on a regular basis apparently :rofl
Sorry but I laughed,marlou,it probably wasn't funny for you at the time though.I had a really ,really embarrassing moment,not on holiday but in the delivery suite when my daughter had her son.This rather brusque nurse can in and handed me a gown,saying,"put this on" and walked out,I put it on and when she returned a few minutes later was not impressed to see me wearing it,I should have put it on my daughter,I was so embarrassed but it still makes us laugh and he is nearly 6.T

ps I didn't undress,thank goodness!!!
It's ok Oscarben I just laughed out loud at your post :rofl :rofl
I was laughing as I posted,don't think my daughter will ever let me forget,she says she knew it was for her but I still don't believe her,the nurse was not amused.T.
The first time we holidayed without the kids we went to the Costa Del Sol with "Evergreen", ( anyone remember them?)
Well we shared a private transfer with another couple and by the time we had arrived at the hotel we almost knew the man's life story, apparently our surname (which he had noticed by the chap holding the board up with our name at the airport) was the same as his ex wife's new husband, well suffice to say he was a bit of a character, and I thought oh no please don't latch on to us.

He invited us for a drink in the bar that day and carried on were he had left off with his life story, especially all about his divorce, well hubby said he would buy them a drink next time we saw them. That night, my husband who will speak to anyone, said to me "here they come", so got up and offered this couple a drink, with me protesting it was the wrong people but no hubby insisted he was right, so by this time I was becoming unsure.

Well to cut a long story short we found out at the end of the holiday they were the wrong couple and I was so embarrassed because the conversations we had with them through the week revolved around the things the original chap had told us.
They were such a nice couple and I felt awful, they must have thought we had just been let out of the mental hospital!!
Not most embarrassing but a tadge embarrassing was when I was a foot passenger in a ferry coming back from France when I was 21, I didn't know where I was supposed to walk to when it was docking (ie, where the exit was), so I asked where to go as I didn't know what aft meant, and they put over the intercom a rather sarcastic message saying, foot passenger meaning those who are walking around the vessel, hey I didn't know what aft meant, I know what foot passenger meant :whoops
I have another one!!

In Fuerteventura about 7 years ago I got stung on my eye in the night and woke up with it totally swollen shut. I threw on a dress and reception gave me directions to the Doctors.

So I get there and after my examination the Dr said i had to have an injection. Imagine my horror when I realised she meant in my bum and I hadn't put any underwear on! I tried to explain but she didn't understand until she liften up my dress and said 'ah....now i understand'!!!!!!!
Arrived late in resort, late flight

Straight to bed, as I had to get up early in the morning, to catch a train to Milan, when i returned to hotel, after dinner, went for a walk, then back to my room, watched tv, and before going to bed, had a shower to cool my sel down.

Lay on top of my bed naked, blinds open, in the morning thought I heard voices on the verander, now as I ws to find out, I had the single room on top fllor, where the maids use this for the laundry, and hang the towels out side to dry, on the varander

One of the maids could not help but look at me sleeping naked, and use your imagination, what she might have seen, well to cut a long story short, i was aksed by the tour rep, when going to bed in future,to wear underpant, as the hotel manager has requested i cover my self up
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.