Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi

Myself and other half are setting off in March 2007 around Europe for 7 months, starting in Southern Spain and we also plan to take in Italy, Croatia, France and Germany as well as a few other countries not on your list. Not sure when you plan your trip for but you never know - our paths may cross.

Can't give you tips from past experience as, like you, this will be our first trip but one thing I have got hold of is a camping card that gives you a reduced rate at over 1000 camp sites in Europe (not in peak season of July/Aug). Have a look at http://www.campingcard.com for more info. It only cost £7.50 and comes with a helpful book that lists all the sites that are part of the scheme.

Am getting very excited as only a few weeks to go before we set off. We have no itinerary and want to "go with the flow".

Sorry can't be of much help. Will be keeping an eye on your thread to see if you get any replies that may also be useful for me!

Best regards

Sian
hey
hey sian

you never know we may bump into each other somewhere! we plan to go early May!

thanks for the tip about the camping card.. we've got a few books and guides etc and we are starting to get things sorted with the van and insurance.. its difficult to think of all thew things we need to sort out!

We're also doing a similar 'go with the flow' thing but we have a basic route planned to go through france, into the north of spain back up into france and over to italy.. think we'll then have to see what money and time we have left but we hope to go across to greece and possible then up to croatia but not sure about driving up through those countries due to insurance etc!

and finally we hope to see some of germany!

sounds like a very long trip when i put it like that! but we'll see how it goes! :roll:

i hope your trips is an enjoyable one - if you come up with any tips let me know!!

take care
Hi can anyone tell me if it is possible to rent a campervan in one country and drop it of in another ie pick up holland and drop off in poland. :?:
Hi

I am planning a road trip in a motorhome down to spain for 4 weeks, any advice ? did you use the french aires? hope you had a good tme
One word of advice

the aires in towns and villages aren't too bad some are sites of brilliance there was a website that has town aires on but i've lost the link unfortunately

Whatever you do do not stop over at Autoroute aires as although they ahve security patrols these frequently miss the robbing so and so's who go round gassing the occupants of motor homes so they can safely nick everything of value especially passports then money and jewellery

http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/gb-frame.htm is a site that has list of campsites that are near to motorways and Autoroutes all over Europe (just click on the flags of the country you are going to)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.