Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Seagull. We have been to Barbados several time and the first time we drove to the Mount Gay museum and found at the end they gave you samples of rum so could not sample them :( so we took a taxi the next time we went and enjoyed the tour again and enjoyed the sampling :cheers . Our hotel did not do a tour so go ahead with this as it seems reasonable price and enjoy :cheers
We loved the tour- very interesting. ( Helps that I love Mount Gay as well :D ) Didn't do the lunch but I would go for it if I were you.

Welcome to HT by the way sailorgirl :)
LOL thank you Fiona. I agree a good drink and choice thats why we went back for more ;) :cheers
Being a huge Mount Gay rum fan this was a must for us and we really enjoyed it. As the others have said there is alot to sample to get a taxi. We didn't book, just turned up as we knew the tour was every 45 mins or so. We were there early so just had a cocktail at the bar while we waited for the next tour.

Lisa x
Thanks all, but are we talking about the same thing?

There's the distillery in the north of the island snd the museum just ouside Bridgetown (walking/staggering distance from where we are staying :cheers :cheers :cheers ).

On the website, they mention lunches of Bejun cooking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.