Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Dot, is this just in Alykes or an all over the island problem?
There's been an ongoing nationwide strike I believe
Hi Dave, it's all over the Island, the dustman have not been paid for 6 months. Several of us on alykes.com have written to Imera and had our letters printed. I can't put the link on here but its is on the alykes.com web site. The editor of Imera has written a piece this week saying hopefully the dustmen will be paid and all will be well in time for the new season.
Does anyone have an update on the situation? We are a bit concerned as we are going in 2 weeks. Any information gratefully received.

Thanks

Anna

xx
Hi Anna,

Not sure if it's been resolved yet. Your best bet is to send BaD a private message. if anyone will know, she will.
Hi
Anyone know if the Rubbish problem has been resolved in Zante.
Hope so... I am going in 4 weeks time.
Thanks
M
Hi Margaret

I hope so I'm going tomorrow. :yikes

Will let you know when I get back next week :tup

Lynn
just got back did not see any rubbish heaps, there was a national tanker drivers strike [finished yesterday] not one garage on zakinthos had fuel left by weds, but first tankers were due to arrive today [hopefully]

wizard
Hi Wizard....... :wave:

Did you depart through the NEW terminal.. ..
Last i heard was they ere waiting for certificates to be issued from the various engineering departments..

Seems the rubbish is now cleared, Petrol and food back on it's way through to the supermarket shelves.. .. :tup

Next thing is the water shortages.. .. :duh Imera zante news

Save everyone from worrying about their holidays.. .. Zante has always been like this and if it wasn't for the internet and the free flow of news from the island you would never know about it, as being an island they just get on with it and make do.. ..
yes the new bit is open, its a bit Spartan not enough seats, the info screens were not working properly,the snack bar is expensive,[didn't go in the duty shop] BUT YOU CAN SMOKE IN THE UPSTAIRS AREA [snack bar]

there were 2 scanners for the cases working [out of 3] there are about 14 check in desks...suprised how many people didn't know you have to scan your case before check in and even more that you could not have booze/liquids in your hand baggage, woman behind us had 4 bottles of vodka in her hand bag
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.