General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
+44 191 and then the rest of your number I think, I know mine is +44 29 for cardiff
Is newcastle area code 0191?

Anyway...

From outside UK dial 0044 and remove the zero from your area code

Eg If your home number is 0191 1234567 you'd dial 00 44 191 1234567

Does that make sense?

:que
Thankyou very much, that is most helpful, ive now written the number down and put it in her little purse! :tup

kind regards

clare.
Claire Will she have a mobile? If so, I know someone who arranged to exchange text messages. It meant the child didn't feel they were having to "phone home and report in" but stopped the parent from worrying. Your daughter is younger than the one involved, so this may not be a problem. Louise
Hi Louise, yes her Dad will have his mobile, ive told her i will text her every couple of days, and told her she will be able to use his phone to text me back.... but, she doesnt want to go the whole 2 weeks without talking to me... she has never been away from me before, so she thinks she is going to miss me.... bless her, she will probably be having such a good time, she wont even give me a 2nd thought :rofl

But at least she has now got the number, so will be able to phone me if she does get a little homesick! ;)
I use my mobile (o2) and am I able to just use the pre-saved numbers, don't have to worry about entering dialling codes for phone calls or texting.

Its worth checking the rates though, my text messages cost more, and at the moment it costs me 35p per minute to phone england but I also pay to receive a call. I pay less per minute to receive the call (about 18p I think) and although the caller has to pay for the call aswell, it was cheaper for them to phone me overall.

Louise
Thanks Louise, i will check that out... im not sure but i think thats who he is with! :)
I assume your daughter does have International Roaming enabled on her phone?

fwh
international roaming? ive never heard of it :think but when im in turkey i can use my mobile for calls and texts.. does this mean i have international roaming... (im with orange)

my daughter doesnt have her own mobile, but will be using her dads...hopefully!

if he doesnt have this "roaming" thing, does that mean they wont be able to get my texts while they are in salou?

thanks

clare x
Clare, I'm pretty sure your husband wouldn't be taking his mobile abroad unless he knew he had international roaming, assuming he's used abroad before then he'll most definitly have it. If not it's only a call/email to his provider to have it "turned" on.
I alway store my numbers on my mobile with +44 in front. Its cost no mare to use when in the UK then when I am oversea's I then dont have to mess about putting the prefix in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.