Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Mr Pickwicks bar
48 Posts
:D Hi Dipsy, yes pickwicks is still there. We went in this bar, whilst we were there in June. All the best. BBB.
Does any one know if Mr Pickwicks bar is still there. It is on heart attack hill just down from the Hotel Bali. We have been there before and would like to go again when we go in May
:D Hi, yes pickwicks is still there, it's in the location you described, we popped in last year,( walking back down from the elephant & Castle), had a game of bingo there! (Can recommend busby's at the bottom of the hill too (It's the only bar we came accross which had some great entertainment on - ie: Comedians, drag artists, hypnertists etc... Have a great time. BBB.
Hi Dipsy, we enjoyed the Bingo in Mr Pickwicks last year (May 2005) Didn't win though :cry:

Sue :) :)
Didn't win though

That makes a ruddy change!!!! :rofl

You cant hide in here you know!! :lol: :lol:

Take Care - Taggy :D
That makes two of you then. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/images/smiles/rofl.gif
While trawling through many websites I came across a page with Mr Pickwicks up for sale.

Brian and Ann seem to be looking to retire and I wish them a happy and long retirement. I would also like to thank them for many, many fun filled nights in Mr Pickwicks.

When we are in Benalmadena we spend a lot of nights in there and I cant recall us every having a bad night. Good luck Brian and Ann.

I hope the new owner, whoever that may be, makes a success of the business.
What a shock.One of the best bars in the area.Brian a true gentleman.Always made time to chat to every person.His personel style of bingo always ensured you had a good night.Hope he has not left before we go end of month.Would like to see him and Ann before they leave.
I think it has just been put up recently Pipefitter. Pass my best onto Brian and Ann when you go. Cheers
i was speaking to him a few days ago, never mentioned it.
in the meantime activity as normal in pickwicks.
3 great nights out there in last fortnight.
The bar is up for sale. Brian and Ann are off on the 17th August, for a 2 week cruise to Alaska.
His brother inlaw will take his place, whilst he is away.
Brian sends his regards Tony
Thanks for that Pipefitter. Hope Ann and Brian enjoy their cruise and their retirement.
Hi

Can anyone please confirm what nights they play Bingo at Mr Pickwicks, as we are having a weeks holiday in early October and My wife & mother want to know?

Cheers

:cheers

BillW
well when i have been its every night apart from weds i think or was it sunday.i know one night they close.and everyone goes to the bar across the road.not the same but at least your playing.mine you that bar across the road shuts one night away week.so you get the people from there coming over.bit to posh the other bar for me and very cocky rude staff as well.i was not made welcome at all.

don;t forget they play other games as well.which is fun.play your cards/quizs/ ect.its a right good night in there.small but just right.real old fashion pub atmosphere.
certain Pickwicks was shut on a Tuesday. ALL entertainment on all other nights. :)
djwoody.Being as I know Alan Jim and Tania from the Albatros I can see why you arrive at your view of them.They have their quirky ways,Alan will often say " :swear off you lot " at the end of the night but are really nice people when you get to know them.Tania has her moods but dont we all.
Any news on the sale of Mr Pickwicks yet??
Can anyone tell me if Mr Pickwicks bar near the Bali Hotel is still owned by Brian and Ann
Josephine.Have not heard any news regarding Brians retirement will ask around to get some news.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.