America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Thanks arnie. Enjoying your TR so far, keep it coming.

Only 1 month to my next Vegas trip.
day 4

were just about getting over our jet lag today and its the first of our tours.
picked up at the hotel at 9am by pappilon tours we took a short bus ride to boulder city airport where we took a small plane to arizona, the plane journey was quite bumpy but only took an hour but better than a 2.5hr bumpy bus ride.
whilst we were waiting to board the helicopter the guides realised the were too many people so me and other half were quickly upgraded free of charge to a bigger, quieter, smoother helicopter this was an extra bonus. the helicopter ride was 30 mins only felt like 5, we flew over the dragon corridor and the north rim, back on the bus we did a tour of the south rim the guides are very knowlegable and there was 2 stops for plenty of photos. the grand canyon is an amazing experience and dosnt look real on the photos. back to the airport and on our small plane this tour was very well organised and i would highly recommend it. take binoculars.

day 5

picked up at 11am to go on the atv tour this was booked through look tours again i would recommend this company. we were driven to an old quarry mine and split into 2 small groups we were given a safety briefing and shown how to operate the atvs, these are very easy to use if you have never been on one before. then we were kitted up with helmet, gloves and goggles, the guides were excellent again,my other half was very nervous and they were very patient with her. we were on the atv for about 2hrs the scenery was absoultly breath taking and there was plenty of time for photos. bottled water was supplied throughout the tour this was an awesome day :tup

day 6

today we went to the premium outlets this was good but much prefered the lv outlets a lot of the shops are the same but the main difference is the premium outlets are outside and the heat is just to much to shop in.

went back to the hotel and lounged in and around the pool.

day 7

early start today picked up at 4.30am white water rafting on the river colarado again this was booked through look tours and i would highly recommend this was a big highlight if not the highlight of the holiday.
started of with a long bus journey to the west rim of the canyon with a couple of stops on the way. arrived at the canyon and given life jackets there was 8 to a raft plus our guide ray who again is very knowlegable, we were told to sit on the edge of the raft and hold tight :yikes. started off with a couple of small rapids but went up to grade 7 the water was icy cold and you really had to hold on for your life i am getting goose bumps thinking of this. after about 30 mins we got off the raft to do a brief nature hike we climbed up the canyon using ropes and a rope ladder to a waterfall this place really is a wonder of the world. back on the raft to shoot more rapids.

we stopped for lunch which was a cheese and ham baguette sauce was supplied in seperate sachets this was a very small detail but made a massive difference to me as i dont like sauces so i was very impressed, crisps, nuts, cookies, soda and bottled water were supplied throughout the day. back on the raft we continued with a smooth water trip this gave us chance to take in the scenery and appreciate the canyon from the bottom. if you go on this tour take an under water camera. after approx 1.5hrs we left the raft and boared a helicopter which took us back over the canyon and to our waiting bus. this was a 16 hr day and it was worth every single second.

2 more days ill do them later
Many thanks for the trip reports. As you know, I love them!

luci :wave
day 8

we realise that were running out of time fast theres so many things we havnt seen yet.
back at the miracle mile last bit of shopping other half gets another pair of ugg boots.
we took the monorail to the stratosphere went to the top of the tower and had a starbucks and watch the world go by the view from here is amazing we didnt go on any of the rides something which i regret now.

next stop circus circus a taxi driver told us they have circus acts on here so we went to have a look, when i saw the stage i thought it looked very blackpool but we sat down anyway to watch it filled up very quickly, the act was a juggler and actually very good glad that we stopped here.

next stop mandalay bay shark reef this we thought was very impressive again well worth a visit.

day 9

we had booked a gun tour through top gun tours we did the full monty package and i am glad we saved this for the last day.
the guns we shot were

mp5
uzi 9mm
m3
walther 9mm we had 25 shots each with these guns.

pump action shotgun 5 shots.

.44 magnum 6 shots.
desert eagle 3 shots.

the 2 handguns we shot had a really big kickback and is nothing like what you see on tv, the shotgun was really loud, firing the machine guns the shells come back at you, we were supplied with safety glasses and ear protection. be prepared for some bruising around the shoulder.

we were the only ones there so had the place to ourselves and the instructors undivided attention he mentioned that at the weekend the place is packed with ques out of the door so mid week is perfect for tourists.

they give you a t-shirt to shoot as a souviner also your paper targets , they have bin laden targets if you prefer.
also lots of photo opportunities with all the guns you shoot.

we went to new york new york next i thought this was one of the smaller hotels but it was the roller coaster that had attracted us you really get thrown around on this and almost 2 weeks later i still have a bruise really good fun though.

next stop treasure island cant come to vegas and not see a show, we had booked tickets for cirque de solis mystere the talent and strength of these people is unbelivable. we choose this show for the acrobats and it didnt disapoint really really enjoyed this.

feels like there was still loads we didnt see or do can you believe we didnt gamble there is so much more to vegas than gambling also wanted to watch ufc but missed this by about 10 days 2 reasons to go back ;)

we had taken £1700 each and empty suitcases we came back with £350 each and full cases and had the time of our lives.
Many thanks for the trip report. It certainly shows that you can enjoy Vegas without gambling.

Looking forward to reading your next report when you make the return journey!

luci :wave
thanks Arnie, glad we have another Vegas fan here! :D

TC
Thanks for the report Iam goin out on the 26th December for the new year sounds great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.