Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I've edited to add the other half ... Well from what I remember writing anyway :D . Glynis would you mind adding the Cornucopia hotel in Xaghra and review will follow next .
Lyn, you can add your own hotel now. Many thanks for the review.

luci :wave
I've enjoyed reading your report Lyn :cheers
Here's a tip for next time.....always write it in a word document first and then copy/paste, that way you'll always have a back-up if the system goes boobies up,

Sanji x
I usually do shirley but this time not only did I not but I logged in with google chrome and couldnt even copy/paste before I submitted . lesson learnt .. again !!!!
Aww thanks Lyn what a lovely report and I'm so pleased you had such a good time, but...........you've made me jealous ;)

Glynis :wave
Lyn
To begin with I was thinking you were disappointed. But it grew on you quickly then :D
Glad you enjoyed it. I loved seeing your photo's..so many places I remembered visiting. Xlendi is my favourite resort to stay in too because it is so quiet and it has the nice little sheltered bay..also great for novice divers to have a go at. The Gozitans tend to flock to Marselforn at weekends and also they like Ramla bay which is one of the best beaches on the Island.

Did you visit Victoria at all?
Did you visit Victoria at all

Only to sign the car hire papers Val or driving through . We were actually going to wander up to the citadel then but the road was shut and would of meant a much longer hike . The lady in the shop did explain how to go about it but it fell on death ears once she said it would be better to come another day . We were already melting just from the car journey . Also told Patricks (think it was ) in victoria was a good choice to eat too.. we never made it so another to visit next time

If we stayed on the coast in resort Xlendi would definately be my preference too . We had a lovely meal there one evening although it was a long wait and service in general seemed a bit slow there . Every restaurant on the bay was packed out so assume the decent ones would prossibly need a booking if you are a larger party.
I also really enjoyed your trip report Lyn, so glad you like it there. It was probably a bit of a novely going out each evening and not trundling along to an AI buffet, even though i know the later can be quite comforting and means you dont have any hassle of finding places to eat.

I think service in the height of summer in places with high temps can be a bit slow. in Spain they seemed to think nobody wants to eat prior to 10pm even if you book a table at 8.30pm :rofl We were also spending between 20 & 30 Euros per person on evening food where we were, once again decent food, anyone prepared to live on pasta and pizza could eat for less.

Gozo has a kind of special charm, as you say its like steping back in time with that rustic ambience, sounds like you will be back at some point.

:sun2
Lovely review Lyn, makes me want to see it for myself. One thing, Justval mentioned seeing photos. Where are they hidden on here, please? Would love to look at them!
Great review Lyn I too want to go there now :tup
Sorry sue Val's talking about the ones on my FB. I would put some of them on here if I could but dont think the facility is ready yet . When it comes back I'll happily share some of them here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.