Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi Fiona / Judith

Review of both Traders and Rangoon have been submitted.(without country)

Will get round to The Governor's residence and RTM within a few days.

Cheers

Peter
PeteB wrote:
Hi Fiona / Judith

Review of both Traders and Rangoon have been submitted.(without country)

Will get round to The Governor's residence and RTM within a few days.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Pete :tup
Hi

First review now live http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/burma/yangon/pabedan-township/traders-hotel-yangon/

Unfortunately the Yangon Review, submitted at the same time, does not appear.

There seems to be a small problem with indexing of reviews in that Traders appears to be Pabedan Township (technically correct but this is just an area of Yangon) and the Governors Residence also seems to have been initially added to Pabedan Township, even though it is Dagon Township. It would be much easier for everyone if all hotels were just placed in Yangon or Rangoon.

Governors Residence and Road to Mandalay submitted - I will edit my "Burma, lengthy just Back Report" and add links when they are available.

Cheers

Peter
Thanks for posting the hotel reviews Peter.
PeteB wrote:
Hi

First review now live http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/burma/yangon/pabedan-township/traders-hotel-yangon/

Unfortunately the Yangon Review, submitted at the same time, does not appear.

There seems to be a small problem with indexing of reviews in that Traders appears to be Pabedan Township (technically correct but this is just an area of Yangon) and the Governors Residence also seems to have been initially added to Pabedan Township, even though it is Dagon Township. It would be much easier for everyone if all hotels were just placed in Yangon or Rangoon.

Governors Residence and Road to Mandalay submitted - I will edit my "Burma, lengthy just Back Report" and add links when they are available.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

Now that your reviews have been submitted (thank you) I'm working through them, along with all the others pending.

As with all the countries listed on HT, we stick to the same format, country, region, resort, hotel, and I use the address and geographical location to determine where to list the hotels.

In this case, Traders Hotel is listed in the area of Pabedan Township, as this is the area on its address. The Governors Residence is listed in the Dagon Township, (it was never listed in the other area) again as this is the area in its address.

Your resort review for Yangon, has been vetted, but does not appear at this time, as the 'resort' reviews, of which this is listed under, are not showing at the moment, but will be live when the site is updated soon.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply.

I think the confusion comes when the Reviews page is accessed
The "Browse Holiday Reviews" Panel just gives

Select a Country
Select a Resort, (Please note that this shows both Resort and Region (or area of resort) when clicked);
followed by the drop down list for individual properties.

I can assure you that, earlier today, when Pabedan Township was selected, Governors Residence appeared as it does with Dagon Township (which didn't then exist) now.

Please also be aware that "Regions" may further confuse people. Burma is split into administrative divisions (also known as Regions) - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_Burma

Hope this helps in the analysis / design of the site and hence hierarchy / structure

cheers

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image