UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi
Theres no such thing as a cheap narrowboat holiday :) We can reccomend Napton narrowboats, Kate boats or Rose boats.
We actually own a 1/12th share in a narrowboat, its the cheapest way if you are serious about boating.
If interested then take a look at Ownerships at the link below.
http://www.ownerships.co.uk
All the best in what you decide.
If more info required please give me a buzz/pm.
I have hired narrowboats for holidays regularly in the past and would agree 100% that there is no way that a narrowboat hire is cheap.

However for quality I can thoroughly recommend Black Prince Narrowboats (various locations) and CALCUT narrowboats - Midlands.
thankyou the reason i say cheap is because we hired one last summer for the weekend for 250.00 but it was off ebay and it didnt have al the mod cons but we had a great weekend.we had one on the norfolk broads about 7 years ago and loved it but this time we want a nice one for my sisters 40th so do expect to pay more.ive only looked at a few and for 3 nights they want 900.00 upwards just seems alot for 3 nights.must admit it is a break with a difference im just seeing if i can get any better deals so we have more spending money
ive found a boat all thanks for getting back to me 350.00 for two nights a friday and saturday it looks really nice and sleeps 8 i cant wait now :tup they are going to decorate it too with ballons and bits also a bottle of bubbly and a cake wooo hooo
We've used Black Knight in the Midlands before. Boating isn't as cheap as you would think it should be, but it's still good value compared to flying. If they have capacity and you book late they will do a deal.
Hi
Does anyone know what facilities are like on narrowboats? My daughter is going on holiday on the Golden Oriole (AngloWelsh) and is worried that she will not be able to use her straighteners, hair dryer, etc.
Cheers
Hi
You will need to ring the hire company to see what power supply they have onboard, 12volt or 240volt mains via an invertor.
They may supply both, this important to know for taking mobile chargers etc!!
Hi
Many thanks - I'll try that.
Cheers
ive just come back off one and we couldnt charge our phones as it was 12v so just check with the people who you go with enjoy your break we loved ours
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.