Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Not the best reviews I've ever seen, but you can read them HERE anyway.

MrsMac
I don't know whether to be grateful or not MrsMac! Thanks anyhow. :(
I'm going anyway, so better make the best of it I suppose. :)
Anything at all NOT quite right, then I think I shall be demanding to be moved! :x
Paleo, you have been warned. I've been before but this time I'm on my own so I shan't be standing for any c**p from anybody. :twisted:

Regards,
MRmoonlight
mrmoonlight wrote:
I'm going anyway, so better make the best of it I suppose.

Best idea, i would too. Paleo is lovley and at least you know what to expect from you accommodation. You find sometimes that some peoples hell is another persons basic and simple. Make your own mind up when you get there.
Hope you have a nice holiday, let us know how you get on.

MrsMac
MrsMac, once again thanks for your soothing comments.
You may well be right, but somehow these apartments have had the same thing said about them for the last two or three years, and absolutely nothing good!
I can't believe the tour operator can sell these apartments year afer year in this condition and get away with it. Surely they must inspect on an annual basis; it is, after all, their reputation on the line.
I am trying to get through to Libra Holidays now to speak to the guy who sold it to me (he was very, very, pleasant and helpful on the phone) to see if there is any alternative - unless he can assure me as to the standard.
Let you know how I get on later.

Cheers,
MRmoonlight
Well I could have transferred to another resort for £20 which isn't too bad :) , but I really want Paleo.
There are still vacancies showing in Paleo this morning on-lne although Libra said last night there wan't anything left :? .
So I will take a chance when I get there and hopefully something will still be available or there may be a last minue cancellation or of course the apartment won't be so bad after all 8) .
Must remember to take a torch so I can see it in the dark!!
Fingers crossed :wink: .

MRmoonlight
Well, the apartment wasn't bad at all - you get what you pay for and I was quite happy.
Sure, it was hot (the sun shone, surprisingly :lol: ), there were insects about (total 6 ants, numerous wasps, the occasional mozzie), noisy (there were a few late poolbars nearby plus the main road), but it wasn't smelly or grimy, just basic. The neighbours were pleasant enough.
Downside? It hadn't been cleaned when I arrived at 4am (somebody had obviously sneaked back in to a cleaned room after checkout time. V. Naughty that!!) The Libra airport transfer rep seemed genuinely horrified, noted it, and said she would report it immediately (at that time??). At least she DID take me to the room and not dump me at the roadside which was nice. The local resort rep at 3pm had no knowledge of it. He rang the owner straight away, and by 4pm the owner presented himself at the apartment to apologise profusely. By 4-30pm the cleaner arrived.
I saw the owner several times more, he was a taxi driver, and he never failed to ask me how was the room etc. Nice bloke.
I took the opportunity to make my complaint official through the local rep - all documented at the time so let's see what happens.

Now, the airline (Excel), well.......that's another story!

MRmoonlight
Mrmoonlight,

Glad to hear it worked ok(ish) for you.

MrsMac
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.