Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
NCL offer AI packages for groups(large) and it is not cheap aimed at corporate/promotions.

I think you will be cheaper PAYG against the full package(if you could get it for single bookings)

Another option is "Bar setup" you can order bottles for your room.

There are also preorder wine options.

We just take supplies and suppliment onboard.

How much do you drink I can estimate your costs.
Thanks Windjammer
We usually have a bottle of red wine in the evening with dinner, also my husband will have maybe 6/7 beers in the eve after dinner. I would have about 5/6 wines on holiday in the eve. We dont drink during the daytime at all ( we are up quite late ). As we have a balcony for this cruise can we pre-order a bottle of wine to be delivered a few evenings to have before we dine and for a night cap? If so are they ordered online pre-Cruise or onboard when first arrive?
Cheers

any help on keeping costs down etc is a big help, also can Spa treatments be pre-booked or do they have offers on during the Cruise?

Liz
wine is $30 and up inc the 15%

A list of some of the wines these you can pre order.
http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCLWinelist09.pdf

Beer varies a bit $4-$8 they do buckets 6-4-5, but not so convnient if you are going from bar to bar.

Wine you can do bottles or by the glass after dinner in the bars. $6+
(they can keep a bottle for you from night to night inthe dining room or a bar)

With level of drinking PAYG would be cheaper than the package anyway.

Stick a couple of wine boxes in your cases for the cabin.

Costs,
Plan to spend in the speciality restaurants, sometimes they do 2-4-1 deals so keep an eye out on the daily programs.
Spa usualy they have deals especialy on port days but still expensive.
Avoid the bingo and instant win cards

Tours get on the cruise critic roll call and see if anyone is doing private trips much cheaper than the cruise line.

Make sure you go to the Cruise critic meet and greet, smooze with the hotel director and other staff so they get to know you a bit.

If you see the guys during the trip it can be a good idea to have a chat let them know of anything that has been good or not so good, on some ships these guys can be generous with extras like a bottle of wine or a dinner if you are a positive customer.
Any issues that don't get resolved quickly by the person that should fix it escalate to these guys.

Which ship when? there may be some ship specific info.
What excellent advice, thankyou very much!!

Its the Jewel and its New York then 7 nights Bahamas and Florida plus 3 nights at end in NYC...October next year.

Help appreciated

Liz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.