Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Neither of these resorts are 'party' towns by any stretch of the imagination but i'd say of the 2 go for Ixia,purely because it's closer to the nightlife of Rhodes town. Bear in mind neither resort has a sandy beach and can both be VERY windy later in the season.theyre not what i would call typical resorts,more just a string of huge international hotels and the odd bar and shop along the main road out of Rhodes. if you want nightlife go to Faliraki(nowhere near as wild as the reputation says) or down to pefkos,or if you're feeling flush then Rhodes town,but again no sand on the beach.Hopefully this season will last til the end of september in the resorts,last couple of years Faliraki has been all but closed come sept 30th :(

Might be better if you say what age group you are and all that!
Sambacasual has a point that Ixia is closer to Rhodes Town but I'd pick Trianda over Ixia as a resort. As said neither are big on nightlife but Ixia is built along the main coast road and is a purpose built resort without a lot of atmosphere. Trianda is more of a small town/village and has a bit more of a buzz about it. Both have plenty of bars though more chilled out than party central, there is a small club by the traffic lights in Trianda (called BO of all things!) and a couple of clubs close to the big hotels in Ixia.

I holiday in Lindos late September and there's always plenty going on, in fact Lindos doesn't really start winding down till mid October. I've also visited Rhodes Town and Faliraki and though they don't have the buzz of high season they're still open and much livelier than the smaller resorts.
Definately second what Marcus says. The BO club always makes me smile.Rhodes Town might be a thought, the main beach is pebbly and can be windy but there is a pleasant beach round the "point" of the island and there is Zefiros beach too.Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll love Rhodes.
I think my points were more centred around the time of year than anything,late september really is a hit and miss time here on the island,particularly with British guests, Lindos does indeed have a slightly livelier late season and is sheltered from the high winds that the west coast is battered by, i've had nights out in Pefkos late september that have been very busy but then the very next day has been completely dead,the season here is almost like a lightswitch,one changeover night and it's all suddenly over! Personally i wouldnt choose either Trianda or Ixia because i like sandy beaches and a resort 'centre',neither really have this,nor does kremasti or any of the other smaller places along the west coast,the east coast wins hands down at all times of the year with lindos probably being the best for that time as it's still 'open'. Best beaches are here in Faliraki though,best workers too :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.