Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Need Help
14 Posts
Hi John, unless they can guarantee you one of the Amigos that suits you then I would stay away from them as you could end up in one in the wrong location as I believe that there are about 11 of them scattered around Benidorm and Cala Finestrat.

Best look at the reviews for the
Mont Park and Agir. The location of the Mont Park in my opinion is better than the Agir but I have no knowledge of what the rooms/food is like.

Have a good time wherever you decide to stay.

Sue :)
Well will be going tomorrow on a Thomson Fly jobby so just need to get the accommodation now.

I wanted the area that I have stayed in before which was Flamingo Oasis or anywhere down that road to the beach.

I could also do with a pointer to good transfers if anyone can help

John
Hi John ... as Sue suggests, Magic Amigos is just the name of the hotel group. The hotel itself could be one of many around the resort, some good, some not so good.

The Mont Park is in an elevated position at the Rincon end of the resort. It has attracted only a few reviews, not all favourable. The Agir is located on the main Avenida Mediterraneo in the heart of the Levante side of the resort, very close to the beach, and it has so far attracted no reviews. The lack of reviews is probably more to do with the fact that neither of these hotels attracts a predominantly British clientele, but that of course doesn't make them bad hotels.

The fact that so few options have been offered to you is no doubt due to the fact that one of the biggest fiestas of the year is about to start, and accommodation in Benidorm will be scarce. If you are going to Benidorm primarily for the fiesta, I would say that the Agir would be a better option location-wise.

As for transfers, plenty of recommendations in our Resort Transfers topic.

David :wave
Thanks David,

Yes I forgot about the Fiesta but what I have done now is to book a flight for next Tuesday 13th so I will now have the weekend to look for a hotel.

I have been looking through all the reviews and there are lots of different reports which I suppose is good.

Hopefully I will get something sorted over the weekend

John
That gives you a bit more time to look for something, John. But bearing in mind that the fiesta is on until next Wednesday and that most holidaymakers may stay for a week, accommodation options may still be limited.

As your initial preference was for the area around the Flamingo Oasis, you may also like to check out availability at the Hotel Levante Club and the Hotel Melia Benidorm.

The one next door to Flamingo Oasis walking to beach was I think advertising WiFi on their doors and if I can get that then that is a big thing for me as work doesn't end and if I can get an hour a day on my laptop then I am happy.

Just spotted the Dynastic on TR for about £250 per person with flights and if memory serves me right that was on the walk down the main road to the beach on the right and that is advertised as WiFi.

Just got to book the transfers on top and thats me on a 5 day break

John
The one next door to Flamingo Oasis walking to beach was I think advertising WiFi on their doors and if I can get that then that is a big thing for me as work doesn't end and if I can get an hour a day on my laptop then I am happy.

That would be the Melia Benidorm, John.

Just spotted the Dynastic on TR for about £250 per person with flights and if memory serves me right that was on the walk down the main road to the beach on the right and that is advertised as WiFi.

Yes, the Dynastic is on the same side of the road and lies between the Melia and the indoor market.

Thanks again David,

I am not really interested in the all inclusive bit but have just been quoted £108 pp for H/B at the Dynastic or about the same for Melia for B+B and I have just spotted that Melia is advertising internet access in the rooms.

David which one would you go for out of them two for comfort and quality.

John
Out of any of the hotels on that road, I personally would opt for the Melia Benidorm. It has a touch of class which is lacking in some of the others.

take the melia its super
i think the agir is mostly used by germans
Hiya John.
Out of the 3 original suggestions, I personally would go with the Agir.
Out of the 3 on the same road as the Flamingo Oasis, I would go with the Melia too.
Yes, you are correct, the Dynastic is advertised as having wifi access.

There is a video of the Melia in the Sanji's video thread, if that helps.

Sanji x
Thanks all and there seems to be a lot of negative reviews from the last few weeks occupants in all of the hotels.

I wonder if it is because its the end of a busy summer season and staff are waiting to leave?

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.