General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
courtneelouise!
i personally think, that is really expensive.we paid £3700 last year,for 6 nights in hawaii & 8 nights in florida.we were also 2 adults & 2 children.we stayed at the ohana east hotel,which was a couple of minutes walk, to waikiki beach.you obviously pay more,to stay on waikiki beach,but we were never in the hotel,so couldn't justify the extra cost.
please dont go with your 1st quote,we priced virgin 1st & they wanted £2400 more,which nearly stopped us going,as it was way out of our price range.
have you thought about,stopping somewhere on the way,to break up the journey?i wish we had,in hindsight,because out of our 6 nights,we had a couple of early ones,as we were shattered.
we went with united vacations.they give up to 2 free stopovers,you only pay for your hotel.so if you wanted a few nights in say las vegas or san francisco,to break the journey up,you can do.
just looked in the united vacations brochure & the resortquest,is a really good price,cheaper than the ohana east,plus you get free breakfast,which we never had.
give united vacations a ring the number is 0844 499 0222.
we twinned it with florida,because we took our niece & grandaughter with us,so hawaii was for us & disneyworld,for them it was fantastic!!!
we have just booked with united vacations again,oct 20th next year,which is 1 week half term,2 adults 1 child 4 nights in san francisco & 10 nights in florida total £2100,which i'm happy with.
also the price we paid last year,involved 1 week half term.
united vacations are shut today,so won't answer the phone.also booking direct with them over the phone,was £300 cheaper than the travel agents.i got qoutes from both thomas cook & a thomson shop.
sorry its a long reply,but your price seems really high,who was it with,if you don't mind me asking?
tracy
you may also,get more replies,putting this in the america forum.
what dates are you going? & i will have a look round for you.
tracy
Thankyou for that peice of advice tracey im glad i wrote on here now because otherwise we would of went paying that ! those dates were 16th August - 30th august my birthday is on the 17th so for two week around there! thanks again for that its made me feel a bit happyer now ! :lol: well first one i went to was Virgin & thats what i found on there!

Thanks
CourtneeLouise
no probs,will post back tomorrow or send you,a pm
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.