Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Two totally different resorts. If you want to be very quiet, try Nerja. If you want to have a little more to do then go to Benalmadena.
would there be plenty of places to walk from Nerja, and what about the local buses where could we get to please
http://www.alsinagraells.com is the website for the busses that run from Nerja. There is an English language option.

There are some lovely walks in and around the Nerja area.

Nerja and Benalmadena are very different. Both nice in their way but I am biased towards Nerja as I live in the area.

If you are looking for lots of British bars and lively nightlife, choose Benalmadena. If you would like somewhere that's a little more Spanish and less touristy go for Nerja.Don't just stay in Nerja though, Frigiliana is a must (take a tour or you'll miss a lot). Lake Vinuela is lovely for a walk. You are on the edge of National Parkland with some superb walks.

Much depends on what you are looking for and for specific advice you may need to be a little more descriptive as to the type of holiday you are after.
I would go for Nerja.. it is a quieter resort... :que

Curlylocksm
Payees your money takes your choice... :que Belaminda.. lots to do ..Nerja quieter more relaxing... my pref Nerja any time.. it also has a micro climate and is usually better than the rest of the Costa Del Sol in low season

wizard
I would choose Benalmadena, loads to see and do here, and for a nice quiet day try Benalmadena Pueblo (old town) Mijas a lovely Sp village, lots of Restaurants & friendly bars in Arroyo del a Meil, whereever you choose hope you have a great holiday..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.