Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Are you going by hire car? If so it is a straightforward route along the motorway from Nerja to about a couple of miles outside Gib. It would take you about 2-1/2 - 3 hours. You can leave your car outside Gib and walk across the border as some days the queues are quite long to go in and out.
Don't know about bus trips from Nerja as I no longer live there.
no we will not be hiring a car just looking for a bus or train if there is any :que
Hi Lesmac,
You need to get a bus to La Linea, then walk over the frontier, you can then get a bus into Gibraltar. Or go into one of the tour offices in Nerja and you will be able to get a trip into Gib. I don't know if it's changed, but all the shops used to close on a Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday, so you may want to avoid these days. Hope this helps, Linda.
I don't think you could enjoy doing it in a day by bus. You'd need to get a bus from Nerja to Malaga bus station which takes about 1½ hrs, then from Malaga to La Linea which takes 3 hrs, so it could be an exremely long day out for you. See for yourself. There's an Enlish option on the site.

:tongue

http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/
I went from Torremolinos to La Linea on the bus and it was a drag so wouldn't like to do it from Nerja.(and quite honestly IMO don't think Gib is worth the journey on the local buses).
thanks everyone seems like too much like hard work from nerja will just have to wait until i go to some of the other resorts closer to gib :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.