Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Nervy Newcomer
11 Posts
Puerto pollensa is a fantastic place for eating. As you are right on the pine walk you will be spoilt for choice. There is lovely square - decorated when there are festivals - that is line with restaurants - one of our favourites is Tangos.
Have a look at the website dedicated to PuertoPollensa - Google it. Has a forum where you can ask anything - a lot of those living there also go on this forum. It was a mind of information when we went. If you have any little ones take a ball at night and alll the children in the square play together whilst you enjoy your meal.
Thanks - I will check out the website.
Eating out in PP is not particularly cheap, but the best place we found was Tango in the square at the centre. There is 'entertainment' if you sit inside - a couple singing, but most people tend to sit outside and 'people watch'! There are lots of tables for outside dining, but it does get busy so go early!
Have to agree on Tango's it's a really nice place to eat but can get quite busy. The Irish bar opposite Tango's open's till late and it's great for sitting and watching the world go by :D
Kittimus

To add to your list. A very good British bar is JKs which is next to the Miramar hotel but entrance in the road behind the main promenade. Nice people - Jane and Kevin.
Bony in the church square is a very popular bar cafe, run by a real character called Jose.

A romantic place? Restaurant Stay on the pier next to the main parking in the town, with views out over the bay. But you might want to think about places near to Pollensa town like Balaixa or L'Aup. Both in quiet locations but with lovely terraces, Balaixa also having a swimming-pool. Both have excellent reputations.

For the Albufera reserve, you have to go further than Alcudia. The entrance is actually in Playa de Muro, which joins onto Puerto Alcudia, but there are buses that go all the way, or you can change. Alcudia itself? The old town is charming, perhaps not as much as Pollensa town but it has Roman ruins and is a walled town. The port of Alcudia is quite pleasant, thougn sounds like you would want to give the Bellevue area of Puerto Alcudia a miss. The beach at Puerto Alcudia is superb, better than Pto Pollensa's.

Hope you have a good time.
Weve stayed in Cala San Vicente (stunning scenery) close by Puerto Pollensa and we think PP is a top place :) nice promenade to stroll down, with plenty of cafes and restaurants. The market in the square is well worth a visit and is very atmospheric; dont think you will be disappointed :D

Majorca is a beautiful island, which has suffered in the past from bad press, but dont let that sway you and the east side of the island tends to be less hectic than the resorts around Palma :)
Thanks to everyone for their replies - very helpful. I have since read somewhere else that Tango's is the place to go so we will go there and we will definitely try JK's and the Irish bar. It sounds just like our sort of place and I'm sure we will enjoy it. Getting excited now!
If you hire a car definately have a trip to the beaches at Cala San Vicente - only a ten minute drive - the snorkelling is fantastic. My children even ended up swimming with an octopus!! You will need beach shoes though as some of the beaches are slightly shingly/stoney. PP beach is a large sandy stretch of beach running from the Pine walk Illa D'or hotel right along to alcudia.
I'd go along with Cala San Vicente. It is also a pretty place especially the lower part by the Cala Molins. But with respect if I can just correct the impression of Pto Pollensa's beach. it is quite small along the pine walk. The large part of the beach starts by the pier with Restaurant Stay and runs for a kilometre or so before it peters out at Llenaire. After that there is little by way of beach up to Alcudia.
Lastly, is PP a fairly safe place to walk around at night?

Yes, much safer than most parts of the UK.

Eating out, see here...

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=96542
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.