Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
New to Benidorm
9 Posts
We liked the Presidente, mostly due to the food so maybe not the best recommendation if you want to go B&B. The Flash Hotel has recently been completely refurbished and is close to the entertainment. Also the Riviera Beachotel is very nice and I think it is adults only.

A taxi would be around €100 each way. It is 45 mins from the airport to Benidorm. You can get transfers via Travel Republic from as little as £4 return. However you could be on the bus for 1.5 hours if there are a lot of drop offs. We got the transfer, but got off at the Grand Bali and took a taxi from there.

For restaurants I can highly recommend The Vagabond in the Old Town. It is owned by a French couple and the food is superb if you like rich sauces rather than plain fare.

Another one is Monroe's Carvery on Avenida Europa. It is only about €5.50 for the carvery. We avoided it the first couple of trips as I thought it couldn't be up to much at that price, but it was recommended to us. The food is good and it is excellent value for money.
Thanks for that, have looked at Hotel Venus, Poseidon Playa and Mar Blau, although am a bit concerned the last two may be a bit out of the way?
The Mar Blau is in the Old Town so not handy for the entertainment in the New Town. A taxi may be €7-8.

The Venus is a very nice hotel and part of the Servigroup. We stayed at another Servigroup hotel and the food was excellent. I am not sure if you can book the Venus with a bed booker or only direct, but I believe they have a price guarantee.

There are various offers on the Servigroup website including free transfers and 30% off.

http://www.servigroup.com
Looking at Hotel Castilla , looks to be in good location. Thanks for the help.
Have a look at the Servigroup Calypso, good position and did not have any rowdiness when we were there, but that was 3 years ago
i know you fancy b/b but for state of mine and comfort pick the Calypso,book direct.get the free transfers as well.just put details in and booking code.plus i would book full board.either way you can then you can still eat out if you wish.depends how old you are,.plus they might have 2/1 on drinks at night.plus when you book you do not pay untill you get there.

And you pay how you want.cash/card..

539,00Eur just breakfast.
548,80Eur half board
597,80Eur full board...
We have gone for the Nereo, full board , which seems the most value for money, 513 euros and the free transfer. Think it's quite near the Calypso.
Thanks for all the advise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.