America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You might want to look at the Radio City Apartment Hotel, I stayed there two years ago and was highly satisfied. They have one and two bedroomed apartments the sofa converts into a double bed. Theres a small kitchenette, handy for making drinks, snacks and even breakfasts (many New York hotels don't serve breakfast). The hotel is a good 3* standard, very clean and central, just a hundred yards or so from Times Square and the Rockefeller Center, for the Top of The Rock.

check http://www.Radiocityapartments.com

Judith
thanks judith and will do,what sort of vprices can i expect to pay? i have emiled them and just waiting a reply
I'd also suggest an apartment, but they are very limited in supply. Alternatively have a look at the Flatotel. A full service hotel but with apartment units. We stayed there as a family two years ago. The rooms have a kitchenette area, living area with a sofa bed, and two bedrooms (although ours had two double beds so the kids shared a double but equally one could have gone on the sofa). Great location, just a few minutes from Times Square. We travelled with Virgin Holidays. Here is the link to the hotel on their website.
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/usa/holidays/new_york/new_york/flatotel/
Hi Stonie

I've just found my credit card statement for my visit and I paid around $200 per night for a studio(one room) apartment. It was low season and the dollar was at just under 2 to the pound. Unfortunately the pound has dropped considerably since then and August prices will be higher. New York hotel prices aren't cheap, there were some hotels that had cheaper rooms but many more were much more expensive and didn't have the facilities that I wanted. I found an apartment suited me as my body clock was on European time and it was really handy to be able to make a very early morning breakfast before most of the local cafes were open for business.

I was able to book the room on the hotel's web site but it appears that this isn't working at the moment.

Judith
I stayed at Times Square Hilton in September last year.I booked it through Alpharooms and it cost £1200 for 3 of us in a room with 2 double beds.I booked flights well in advance and just over £900 for 3 flights.The hotel was great.
Look at Beacon Hotel. We have stayed twice previously and loved it, and it has since been refurbed.

They do apartment style suites, and are in a good area and reasonably priced. its beaconhotel.com
We have stopped at the Beacon as well...and it was super,used to get the bus oppisite down to times sq....and usually walked back through central park to hotel....lovely hotel.
Have a look at The Embassy Suites. Ive just got back from there and have stayed with this chain many times. Full breakfast is included under 18s stay free and a few free drinks in th evening are thrown in. The breakfast alone can be a big saving for a family of 4. The location is just round the corner from Ground Zero in Tribeca. Its a lot quieter than up town and either $15 in taxi ti Times Square or $2 on subway which i used a lot. Walking distance to Liberty Ferry (along the river which is lovely) and the whole of the financial district there is a small mall and a few restuarants nearby and cinema at the Hotel site. I booked through Expedia although it would be worth looking at their website and calling and you sometimes get better rates. It does depend on person preference of where you want to be I am going back there next year but i do like being out the thick of it. The suites are lovely and spacious its worth a look. Happy booking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.