America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Yes it was a nice slip, i only came in from the kitchen when my husband said look at this huge burger, dont think i will pay that much though :yikes I'd rather fly in the helicopter over manhattan :fly
Everything we wanted was mega cut price in New York.....Century 21 I reckon is your best bet for cut price designer wear. My hubby has size 14 feet and struggles to find shoes and trainers in the UK He got a pair of Timberland shoes, a pair of Timberland walking shoes, a pair of excellent Nike trainers for £85 the lot. That was in Century 21 shoe store on Cortland Street opposite WTC site. He also got Sean John T shirts (around £10) We brought our girls BabyPhat gear not paying more than £30 (that was for a womens winter jacket which is beautifully made) But the best thing we bought was from ToysRUs a 3ft high Dora the Explorer talking doll that you can't get in the UK it was £50 and worth every penny, my 3yr old was in heaven Christmas morning.......Have a look in Foot Locker, they had an offer of 2 pairs of K Swiss or Nike for $89.99 they weren't the kind I've seen in the UK either. Also Champs sports in Times Square are usually good for offers..
Thanks everyone, not long to go now till 9th february, i bet it will be snowing then :D
I am off at 3 am on saturday, before i go, has anybody been in or up in the rockerfellas centre? do you see much especially at night, is it better than the empire state building?

Aslo has anyone seen mama mia or rent?

Thanks x
yeah, food and accommodation can be pricey but then so can London, if you get off the beaten track a bit it's more affordable. and you can balance it out if you wear any American labels - jeans, shoes, whatever. what's £70 over here is like 30 dollars over there.
When I go to NY I stay in Long Island and go to the outlet Malls. I went with 1 suitcase and came back with 3. I did so much shopping at an outlet near to Long Island which you can get a bus to from the City.
I went with one suitcase, and came back with three, write will come soon on prices and my experience.

Michelle x
I went with one suitcase, and came back with three

Nice one Michelle!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.