America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
New York
11 Posts
Hi Charley,

I dont know anything regarding a transfer but a taxi to the Manhattan area was $45 from JFK, this was last Oct so it may have increased.

Have a great time :)
Cabs are the easier option (but make sure you get one from the rank outside, not from anyone who approaches you) as the fares are set from each of the 3 airports into Manhattan but you can also get 'shuttle' buses that drop off at places like Grand Central.

We're going for the first time in May and we'll be getting a cab, I think that'll be best first time around for sure - don't want to get lost on my first day!
Please let m know what it was like puddleduck, i have got a year to wait yet :)
Will do Charley - I'll be doing a trip report on here when I get back. Can't wait :D
Hi I stayed at the Comfort Inn in 1999, a really nice hotel, it is opposite the Metro which I stayed in, in 2000 and not as nice.

The staff at the Comfort Inn are very friendly, you are in a great location too.

We went in a small mini bus, from the airport to our hotel.
If you travel in rush hour, you can get stuck in traffic :?
We went with Virgin both times.

Try Keens Steakhouse :D
There was a great pub on the same road as the hotel, and a small shop to buy sweets, sandwiches, booze etc... open late too :?

Have fun!
Hi Charley

Is it the Comfort Inn in Manahttan?
Yes, the Comfort Inn is in Manahttan. It is just gonna be used as a base.
Hoping to shop till we drop!! :D
Hi,

Went to NYC in March 2005, flew into Newark airport and got a train to Penn Station in Manhattan - quick, easy and cheap (can't remember how much it was now though, been a couple of years ;-)
What a great city - we had a fantastic time (froze our nuts off tho - below zero all the time we were there, although sunny blue skies every day!)

Hope this helps,
Susie
If anyone would like to post a review for the Comfort Inn Manhattan, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.