Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Hi Sue

When I went to New Zealand it was at the beginning of March and the weather was lovely, not boiling hot but definitely tshirt temps. but according to New Zealanders that we met the summer had been cool and wet up until then. We did have the odd couple of rainy days but it was only cold on one day when it poured with rain when we were sailing in Milford Sound. Although the North Island is usually a lot warmer than the South Island I believe on the whole the weather there is often similar to the UK and can be very changeable. I would say what you are planning to take should be OK. Perhaps take one pair of heavier trousers just in case.
As for Singapore it will be hot and sticky whatever time of the day and night you arrive, I've been there three times always in Winter and haven't bothered changing on the plane. The Airport, Taxis, Hotels are all air conditioned and feel quite cold so you should be OK. It really depends on whether you will be able to get to your hotel room early in the morning to change as you certainly won't want to be walking around outside in warm clothing. Though there will be facilities in the hotel that you can use on arrival..

Judith
Many thanks for your advice. I certainly will now rethink my wardrobe just in case and if I don't need the things then no harm done.
As for the hotel I don't know as I think hotels in Singapore are well booked. The Ritz being near the business area may be well booked due to this.
I think what I will do is take a change of underwear a dress and a change of shoes in my hold baggage.
If I am not able to get into my room then I can store my bags and go off and have breakfast.
I think on whole I am going with the flow in most places as I don't want to commit myself to too many long tours.
Doing Rotorua the first day after departure from Auckland.
Again Judith I knew that you would have some words of advice for me. Many thanks for same.

Sue
Sue

Have a great holiday, hope you will tell us about your trip when you return. I am quite envious of your visit down under. New Zealand is my favourite holiday destination with Australia running a close second.

I am flying to Bangkok in just under two weeks time, will spend a couple of days there before heading for Laos where I will be touring for two weeks before returning to Bangkok for a couple of days.

Judith
Thanks Judith and do have a wonderful holiday. ENJOY!!

Sue
Hi Sue

As I am an Aussie and have visited New Zealand few times they say if they do not get rain one or two time a week it is a drought so you can expect it to rain some time on your trip but at that time of year it should not be cold the north island is a lot warmer than the south it is summer time over here at that time you will be there.
You will have great time there as there is so much to see in New Zealand and the cruise to Australia should be very good also a must do is get out side of the ship or some where you can see when coming into Sydney harbour it is amust see thing.
Many thanks. I have a balcony stateroom on the ship so will have a view from there if we come into Sydney early in the morning. I would rather be up on deck and have that 360 view.
Sounds like I will need a couple of umbrella's but what's new. Never leave home without one here. 3 weeks today I will be on the Singapore leg of my journey. Leaving at 9.20am so it will be an early start with 90-120 minutes to get to the Airport.

I am so excited about it all!!

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.