Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi, we're staying in the Newcastle Studios too in July but we'll be arriving as you're leaving- we arrive july 29th for two weeks... the pics of the appartments look horrible but fingers crossed they'll be ok! As long as they're near the nightlife we'll be fine. has anyone else stayed there before???? Ally and Sally, manchester xx
Any info would be fab because we're getting confused, we're staying in the Newcastle Studios but I keep seeing Newcastle Apartments mentioned, are they the same place?? If not, does anyone know what the studios are like??
Hi, Have no idea about the apartments, but we a re a group of 20 (at the last count) girls who will be in Malia from the 6th-19th july so maybe we'll see you there for your first week!
Has anybody been or going to Newcastle studios (malia) in June?

xbeckyx
MALIA MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSACRE MASSIVE!!!!

Stayin in Newcastle apartments in the old town from 26th July onwards. Has anyone been there? Been to Malia twice, and i can't get enough! Jon, x P.s. Any girlies goin?!!! :roll:
Hey there peepo ! Who is all stayin at the Newcastle Studios we dont have a clue about them anyways there is 5 a us scottish gurls goin on the 8th July till the 23rd of July sooo nice lookin Guys (H) see yooz there!
xx :D [/b]
hey
hey 5 Yorkshire Girls, Kylie, Katie, Kate, Kirsty & Laura will be hitting Malia on 26th July till 9th August! Staying in Newcastle Studios!!!!!! i don't no a thing about the hotel, hope its ok!!!!!! any more northeners staying there?

Kylie x :lol:
does anybody know the phone number of the newcastle appartments in crete
i havent got the number! im starting to feel a it nervous, i bet ther appartments are awful! gutted! :cry:

does anyone no anything about them??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylie x
Have a look on the holidaywatchdog site, it may help you
madmum :fly
4 girls going to newcastle studios on the 26th july for 2 weeks!!
Not a clue what it is like but I am one of 5 lads from Wirral (nr Liverpool) who are staying at the Newcastle Studios from 17th - 28th June.

When are you there, who with and where are you from?
Hey! me and 4 Friends are going to Newcastle Studios on 26th July for 2 weeks, would you please please please let me no what it's like when you get back, because we havent got a clue either! hope you both have fantastic holidays!

Kylie x x x :wink:
Its apparantly a 3 star+ but I doubt this can be right. Also it has air conditioning and is very new - as in only a few years old. It is owned by the people who run the Newcastle bar and is in a quietish location out of the main bedlam.

All in all it sounds great but I'll let you know for sure when I get back
Thanks Jamie!! if it's bad just tell me, i can take it! hahaha!!!
Hope you have a wicked time!

Kylie x :wink:
Im part of a group of 7 lads from Manchester, getting let loose in malia on the 2nd of august for 2 weeks. I read a review on a website about the Newcastle appartments, the review looked promising. It said the food and drink are reasonable priced and its in a quiet area. Its supposed to be 3* the down side is security dont allow you to bring back any guests and you have to pay extra for air conditioning :P
EDIT: Please use the PM facility if you wish to exchange personal information.
Many thanks
David HT Mod
Ok just back from 10 days Malia and I am pleased to say you will all love it. - sorry for the spelling errors!

The nightlife is as you would expect, tens of bars offering 2 to 4 for 1 all for approx 5 Euros. The bars tend to shut at 4am as do the clubs I went to (Club UK mainly) apart from Friday&Saturdays where they were open till 8am.

Favourite bars for cheese type music was Flares and Cheeky 1/2. Dance, scouse house and trance I recommed going to Club UK and liquid however there are many bars I didnt have time to go in so my tip is try then all on the first few days then stick to what you like towards the end.

There are PR's who will try and get you in but it appears these have been banned by the local council so appear to be normal drinkers/clubbers but then rope you in. Not too bothered myself as most are fit birds. Its very funny to watch when the police drive past as the bars turn the music off, the PR's fall back into the bar and choos then to walk freely down the street.

Food - Red Lion is by far the best on the island and you can tell as it is always full. In the Old town there are a few nice greek restaurants should you wish to try that but other than that the rest are much the same - serving anything you would ever wish to eat.

Newcastle Apartments are excellent, very clean and almost new it seemed. There are about 20 apartments that are situated approx a 5 minute walk into the Old town. They are North of the Y that leads to the beach where the bars/clubs/food are situated and you will see lots of old locals sitting around doing zilch all day.

Many people hire quad bikes to get to the apartments but there is no real need. On the quad bike topic watch out, lots of psychos riding these and the real psychos are on the bigger bikes. The roads are small in the old town and I witnessed some close calls especially at night when some ride them to the bars, leave them and ride them back late at night.

On the apartmetns side, they are very clean, the maid seemed to appear every other day and the pool is just night, not too big full of gangs and not too small that you have to squeeze in. The pool bar serves everything you will need during the day - water, ice creams, beer and basic foods - full english's and toasties were my main efforts.

There is Air Conditioing for 30 Euros per week. Be warned the rooms are not too hot at night but we thought we would get the AC to make sure we were chilled. It basically blows a gale and you will need the blankets supplied to avoid frostbite.

There is a pool table which started off ok until some of the balls went missing - down to 6 on both sides plus the black. The manager if the place is a baldy bloke called George who Hitlers around the pool watching for anyone who brings their own water into the pool area. He confiscates it if you do and you have to pick it up when you leave! He talks some shit about the tax but its money making simple as.

He also runs the Newcastle Bar which is ok for drinks - one word of warning - Dont go near the Footy cards, I won and George knew it but he claimed someone else came into the bar quiker than I did and claimed it. The bar maid apologised to me so you basically have no chance. Didnt really like the bar in any event but pure money making ontop of what you have already spent isnt the best.

Next door to the NEwcastle Studios is the Bahia Elana studios which is in effect a 24 hour bar so nights can carry on as much as you like but I felt very happy I was where I was to avoid the 24 hour music round that pool.

Finally the security is legendry. Even if you think you can get a bird/bloke past the guard you have no chance. There is a bloke called Andreas who we nicknamed Tackleberry as he kits himself up with full riot gear - nah basically all back outfit with nightstick, belt and torch. Hes a big bloke but a few could take him if needed however if you dont take the piss and keep the noise down at very late hours he is great.

One story I was told was a lad brought a bird back with him (this bird lived in the Newcastle Apartments also) and Andreas got hold of the lad by the throat and put him up against a wall - basically a last chance.

The bird got the pleasure of having he bag routed through for any i.d and basic threats to her also.

I'd recommend going anywhere but not the Newcastle Apartments if you are thinking of possibly bringing anyone back. On the plus side there is no chance of anyone robbing your stuff and Andreas letting them get away with it.

Overall you will love the acccommodation and Malia so have fun
Hi Jamie!

Im glad you had a wicked holiday! thank you so much for the detailed report! the apartments sound v.v.nice, thats put my mind at rest! im not too bothered about the sercurity man, i wont be taking anyone back anyway, i have a boyfriend, and 1 of the girls im sharing with does too! i doubt the other 3 will be happy about it, but oh well they'll get over it!
im glad the security is good, my boyfriend just got back from Kavos (Corfu) and so many people got robbed!

The bars/clubs etc sound good, im counting down now 4 weeks and 5 days to go!

I think we will be definately trying the Red Lion, good food will needed!

i'll write back to you when i return to let you no exactly what i thought!

Take Care and Thanks again

Kylie :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.