Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I would say, best beach with facilities is Arenal d'en castell, it is a horseshoe bay, there are restaurants and shops nearby. Is is very clean. Easy to find.

Next would be son bou, but not for facilites on the beach.
We have been to quite a few beaches in Menorca and Arenal Castell is our favourite. We usually go there in June and September but last year we went at the end of july in the school holidays and the beach wasn't crowded then. Both ends of the beach are usually crowded where all the sun beds are, but once you get past them there is plenty of space.
I loved Playa des Fornells in the north - turn left just befoe you get to Fornells. There's a big arch saying Fornells Beach Club (I think) but it's not private. Just as you get to the development there are steps down to the beach. There are 2 beaches there & one of them was empty when we were there (July). Then you can go to Fornells for lobster - you might bump into the King of Spain!

Also if it helps take a look here

http://www.menorca-info.com/indelse.htm?zoom.htm
I have never seen the beach at fornells, but I can highly recommend the harbour side restaurants!!!!
When we went we hired a car and I printed off beaches from Steve's site here and we also bought a map in resort which contained info :- http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/
Hi,
We were in Menorca mid May for 2 weeks and can certainly recommend the following beaches,
Son Parc large beach and shallow water
Es Grau, large beach and shallow water, very good on far side, Es Grau is a quaint little village as well.
Cala Galdana great beach and reasonable shallow water, (reputedly best beach on the Island).
Cala Macarella near Cala Galdana, secluded beach a bit of a job to find by car but is only 20 minutes walk from Cala Galdana
Cala Pudent, 1 k. walk from Son Parc car park.
Calan a Porter great beach, houses built into the cliff.
Punta Prima we saw this one but did not try it.
Platja Mesquida, this one can be difficult to find some where to park and turn the car round, but it is a beautifull beach
Watch which way the wind is blowing from and try the opposite side of the Island as you have a car. :D
Hi Again,
following my last on the beaches, please let me know if you would like some directions to any of them.
Regards,
Herbie and Stella.
hi

i highly recommend the beach at arenel d'en castel it is pure sand and you can see the little fishes swimming round your feet (which keeps the kids entertained most of the day) the beach bar has a very good food,

regards

jane
Arenal d'en castell yup, its a stunning view and a great beach...

We stopped at the hotel aguamarina and went down to MI Pizza quite a lot, from there you just stroll onto the beautiful sands..
WOW....thanks everyone!

We have made a list & are really looking forward to checking some of these beaches out.

Can't wait...we go on Wednesday :D
everywhere you look in Menorca is like a beautiful painting.. :)

have loads of fun..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.