Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You make your own entertainment, there are very little caberet's, you might find a Kareoke session, but the entertainment is usually being in the selected resturant, or beach shack..
The Beach shacks usually have fire works, which is spectacular. but other than that there is none.
Hi Dunk & Tomitma

This is for you Dunk, Tomitma knows the score, you have lots of different restaurants and bars, Cactus bar on the main road, also Fishermans cove, Mango tree, Bending Bamboo, Ruffles, Horizon, just by the side of Horizon you have the Bistro and the Mermaid, then the Candolim beach has Teama bar, Inferno, Alexanders and the Sports Bar.

All the Shacks have firework displays at xmas and new year and most people head for the beach those nights, you will find the shack that you like and keep going there.

Where are you Staying and when do you come out? send me a PM and i will tell you which place is near to you.

If you get a chance come out of Candolim in a taxi 50 rupees, and go to Nerul village where you will pay local prices for everything, the Riverside bar and restaurant has lovely food, 120 rupees for a full tandori chichen, also in the village is the Bhatti bar and See You Bar which also do great food, just under the bridge is a really good fish restaurant called Amigo's and it is great to sit in there about 6pm, eat and watch the sunset.

Mike
Amigo's and it is great to sit in there about 6pm, eat and watch the sunset

This bar and the Nerul Bridge were in the film "Bourne Supremacy" or was it "Identity?" Amigo's can organise a boat trip at sunset, then bring you back to the bar for fried prawns and chips - excellent. 8)

The Stonehouse play a great selection of music, with live music some nights. :lol:

Don't forget Casa Manolita at the back door of the "Highland Beach"
Really nice food, and Nikki plays some cool music sometimes.

If you like a quiz night - pop into Nino's Nook on a Tuesday night. It's not a bar - you buy your drink by the half or quarter bottle in the store, find a chair and join in. :wink:
Hi Max,

Where is Stonehouse? I have heard alot about this place... is it nice?

L
It's on the main Candolim road heading down towards Taj Holiday Village.
From the Elephant shop it's about 15 minutes walk and you'll find it on the left opposite Kamal Guesthouse. :lol:

As far as the food is concerned - probably best get to something from the Tandoori Grill.
If you like steak - there are other places that do a better steak. :wink:
Thanks Max, I will be there for 3 weeks next March so it's another one to my list!
Can some one indicate on a google map or something where Nerul village is please? :)
Click google maps then type into the search box Goa, India then when the map moves to Goa type in Nerul Village, Goa make sure you insert the commas.
Quite out the way.. Looks like it'll make a nice trip. Fancy going the capital this year too.
Mardon,

If you have a GPS enabled mobile, download mobile Google Maps, then buy a cheap blue tooth micro GPS receiver (£30ish) and you'll never get lost + lots of added info, street names and your exact position all good stuff for wandering around Goa or where ever.
Nice one!! I'll look into it!

Do love to explore!

On topic though I have seriously never seem fireworks like it in goa on new years! ou will never get bored there is so much to do!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.