Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Lisa,
Yes it is true we fly in and out of Puerto Plata in the North, only medical liquids in original chemist packaging are allowed in hand luggage. One year hubby had his toothpaste taken out of hand luggage. Not even little bottles in the clear plastic bag, as done on the way out is allowed. Everything has to be packed in hold luggage.
Its every airport in the Dom. Rep.

Angie.
We are going with Thomas Cook airlines to POP in July. Can you still buy bottled water etc airside to take on board? Can you get supplies like lip balm airside - can't live without it :rofl

Thanks a lot :cheers
Thanks for your help Angie.....I would guess (hope!) that our baby's milk will be allowed on and classed in some round about way as medical?....otherwise I'd hate to be sat next to us on th
e plane lol!??

Lisa x
When I got home from Dom Rep Punta Cana airport in December i found I still had a bottle of coke in my rucksack, I didn't know it was in until I got home so nothing had spotted it. They do charge you for being over weight with your cases, its about 20 dollars a kilo. We have a Lakeland Plastics luggage digi scales and they are great saved us a fortune, we took out 5 kilos and put it in a spare rucksack.
Hi again Lisa,

Baby milk and baby juice O.K. If you did'nt have that with you I woud'nt like to be the one sat next to you!!!!!LOL

Hi jaimec,

Yes you can still buy bottled water, supplies of lip balm airside etc, etc. No probs once you are through security, you can buy what you like.Whatever takes your fancy :rofl

Angie. :tup
I slipped an all plastic lip balm in my pocket, no metal so it didn't set off the alarm, it was very runny though due to being so close to my body in the heat. I'm not sure if you would get one in the shops air-side apart from maybe one of the very expensive designer brands in duty free. Punta Cana is a lovely airport but it doesn't have many shops.
Thanks for the replies :cheers

Are there many shops airside in POP?
Yes there are loads of shops airside at POP, a very large perfume and aftershave shop,(downstairs) many souvenir shops and cigarettes/booze shops.Upstairs there are a few more and a cafe in the departure lounge.
Dont know how things are going to look this year though as the airport is going through a referb. I believe!!

Angie.
It's me the pest again ;) :rofl

I need to take creams for eczema with me on the plane (moisturising and steriod creams from my GP) If I kept them in the box with the pharmacists label on will this do or would I be best asking my GP for a letter also?

Sorry for another question I had forgotton about my creams!

Thanks again :cheers
Hi jaimec,
Your not a pest :rofl Yep keep them in the original box and then into your see-through plastic bag for going through security, everything will be fine.
Now sit back and relax and take a deep breath, dont get yourself stressed :rofl

Just keep getting in touch, I dont mind.

Angie.
:rofl its stress that has brought the eczema out :rofl This holiday is for me to 'relax' though I don't seem to know what that word is lately!! :yikes

Thanks again Angie......from the pest ;)

:cheers
Don't forget you can put most creams and liquids in your hold luggage. You only need to take things you're going to use during the flight in your hand luggage ;)
Thanks Shirley, I couldn't go 7ish hours without my creams at the mo though lol

As its 100ml max for each item in the liquids bag, how does 30g & 50g tubes of cream work then? see im more confused again :think :rofl

(sorry!!)
Hi there

Just returned from POP this morning. Was told at welcome meeting no liquids apart from prescribed medicine & baby supplies.... Well went through with bottle each of piriton and calpol, bottle of water and 2 bottles of 7up. To be honest we didnt know about the 7up until i looked in my daughters bag after passing security. No one noticed any of these items as not one of our bags were opened and no one asked.

So much for security!!!

And yes they are doing a refurb but everything is still open.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.