Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I am going wth my Husband in May but can't find any reviews on it which is worring me. If you find out anything let me know.

Thank you x
My friend is going to get loads of info and pics for me so I will post them on her return.
SB XXX
Try looking up this hotel at http://www.holidayhotels.com. It is there and looks quite swish! :D
Hi everyone, a friend has just returned from The Nubian Village Resort in Nabq Bay, here is a rather short report of what she told me.
Promoted as a 5* but would probably just pass as a 3*.
The food was OKish, but a bit repetitive. Other guests complained of an iffy tummy after eating the salads, but my friend and her family were fine.
The beach is small and there were not enough sun beds. The hotel is geared up for the many Italians who stay there. The rooms are very basic, nothing at all like the ones shown on the promotional pics.
On the other hand, if all the above sounds a bit negative, she had a great holiday, loved Sharm, the weather was great, and even thought the airport was OK
xxSBxx
Ohh noooooooo I am due to go on 8th May to Nubian Village, I may see if I can change hotels. Can anyone suggest any lovely 5* all inclusive. Does anyone know Reef Oasis?

:( :( :( :(
I have canceled Nubian Village going to Reef Oasis now.

Thanks for review it was most helpful.

xxxx
Hi
Hi Alleycat, let us know what the Reef Oasis is like, it looks great and is on my list of hotels to visit, have a fantastic time!
xxSBxx
Sorry for dragging up a really old thread but we went to the Nubian Village a couple of years ago, had a superb time. Very clean with freindly staff, the food was better than aveage from our experience in Egypt so far, my daughter had a fantastic time, food she could eat (phew!!)
The top pool was imaculate but the bottom pool had just been recomissioned when we were there so was cloudy for a few days uch! The beach was OK actually not to small but you do need to be quite early to get a sunbed. There is very pleasent snorkelling on the beach although the coral has died where the tide exposes it, there are sandy pools which are ideal for the less adventurous or young children to snorkell. For the rest of us, there is a concrete pontoon bridging the outer reef drop off, the sea carries quite a swell but looks worse than what it is; once in the water the reef if just a plain vertical wall droping off into the depths but what a wall, totally prestine and as spectacular as you would want. We saw a turtle and a very quick glimpse of a small shark :D
We would definately go again, boked the Hilton Sharks bay for next year though as we couldnt get a booking for the Nubbian :(
We went to Nubian Village July/August. To be quite honest I loved Sharm but wouldnt go to Nubian Village. We went a week after the bombings so I appreciate that it wasnt anywhere near as busy as it should have been. The staff were very friendly & as a whole the hotel was very clean & tidy. Considering that the bombs had recently happened & that Italians & Americans were not allowed to travel, I really thought that the hotel & its staff would have bent over backwards for us. Unfortunately this wasnt the case. The hotel mainly caters for Italians & like I previously said, the Italian foreign office had said they couldnt travel to the area so needless to say the animation team & all the other staff weren't there....that equalled no entertainment...at all, ooh apart from the man in the lobby who played the same songs in the same order night after night!! But we still had to encounter Italian food day in day out. Believe you me it really does get monotonous I'll try most things when abroad as thats all part of going to different countries but when in Egypt I'd like to try Egptian food not Italian, like in Nubian.

When all said and done (& I know I've whined on & on) I'm sure Nubian Village could be a good hotel...perhaps our experience was downer purely because of the bombings & the fact that it was too far away from Naama Bay (or banana bay as we called it!)

Sharm itself was very enjoyable & yes without a shadow of a doubt would definately return. :D
have just booked int the nubian village for july.has anybody been there recently? How was it? Have a 14 year and an 8 year old.Is there enough to keep them occupied?
has anybody out there stayed at the nubian village hotel in nabq bay? If so i would love to hear your thoughts.I have just booked to go in july with the wife an two kids.
The Nubian Village and the its sister hotel Nubian Island (not long opened) - the facilities of both hotels are availabel for guests as is the entertainment.

I know a lot of people moan about the different nationalities, but to be quite honest,Italians and Germans make up the larges number of tourists. No hotel caters exclusively for the British.

Re the food - they really do cater for all tastes and yes there is Egyptian food available.
Hi Guys
My dad has just been and booked himself a week to this hotel. He didnt really find out a great deal about this hotel or the area around. All he was really interested in was that he got a good all inclusive deal in Egypt.
Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated, as i told him i thought i would get plenty of great advice on this site as always.

Cheers
Neil
Is that Nubian Village Hotel, Sharm? The one with all the HT reviews here?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.