Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Billyboy ... this complex is listed in our reviews section as OCEAN AZAHARA PLAYA APARTHOTEL. The last review is dated 2006, when the individual apartments were sold off privately. Any subsequent reviews which you might find could be misleading, as the standards of refurbishment, furnishings, equipment, maintenance, etc in each apartment could vary according to individual owners or management companies. I will edit the topic title to show the full name of OCEAN AZAHARA PLAYA, in the hope of attracting further feeddback.

David :wave
Terrific..
Much obliged,
Just what I needed,
Billyboy.
Anyone been to these apartments? Just booked privately with owner for 3 weeks over Christmas/New Year and apartment sounds fabulous - bathroom with 2 showers, terrace with 6 sunbeds and even plasma tv! Just retired so decided we deserved a bit of luxury. Just wondered if anyone else had been there and what the surrounding area was like.

Katy
cannot tell you what apts are like inside as ive never been in them but from outside in 2007 (march) i walked past and they looked a little tired but seemed to have a good view of sea for those in apts looking that way very close to all amenities in los cristianos , if its privatly owned i bet it will be quite nice , hope so for you anyway
We stayed in a private apartment Oct 06. Apartment was really nice with lovely sea view but like tezmand says the actual complex looked a little tired. Could have done with painting & tidying up a bit. Location is great, 5 mins from beach and a large supermarket next door :tup
Has anyone stayed at the Azahara Playa apartments?

Katy
Just come back from 3 weeks staying in the Azahara aparts in Los Cristianos which we liked very much. We'd like to go back i n March but the one we had is booked (they're all private rentals) I know it's a long shot but does anyone know anyone who has an apartment to rent there?

Katy
I think I posted the wrong name of these apartments. Yes I staying at the Azahara apartments which I believe are opposite the Las Vistas beach. Pravate rentals.

Any information as to location of bars and fast food take aways McDonalds/KFC/Burgerking would be greatly appreciated. ~Anyone have info as to websites for maps of bars/apartments/beaches etc.

Thanks in advance.
Look at http://www.eurosol.com then click on maps, Las Americas 3, you will see the Azahara at top, near Los Cristianos boundary.
When you arrive, if you just cross the road in front of the Azahara you will arrive at a range of bars/restaurants on the Las Vistas/Compostella beach area, not sure whether its Macdonalds or KFC there but loads of places to eat. If you walk along that promenade as if you are going to the harbour at Cristianos you will find a Tourist Info office where you will be able to pick up a free map and all different leaflets for things (but that office will be closed at night).
As I said earlier you are in a position there where you can choose to walk either way, you are close to most things.
If website details arent allowed on this forum just type in maps for tenerife in google.
Hi Vivien-Marie .. unfortunately the weblink which you tried to post is automatically blocked, as a member has reported his pc being infected with a nasty trojan from that site, after clicking on one of the previous links in this forum.

David :wave
azahara is 100 metres from mcdonalds, burger king is a 15min walk... there are no kfc here now
Am I right in thinking no bar or entertainment area (pool tables/Darts etc).

Does anyone know if the map of the area (pubs/restaurants/hotels) is available online?

What is the names of the local pubs etc with entertainment etc? Just booked flights and getting excited now. Like to keep looking on internet for information of local pubs/areas etc (I can hear you saying how sad I am)

Does anyone know the prices of drinks at the moment- lager/cider/pop?

I have never been to Tenerife before but I am very much looking forward to holiday.

Is there plenty of internet places for the kids to keep up to date with people at home?

Thanks for your help.
Has anyone recently stated at the apartments and are they very busy at the minute. I note from the reviews nobody has added anything from 2006.

Going to these apartments on 17th July and very much looking forward to it - have never been to Tenerife before.

I look forward to receiving your comments.
I have just returned from these apartments and what a lovely time we had. I have added my review.

This was the first time we have booked private rentals and would do it again and recommend it to anyone. You are guaranteed your room, view, facilities etc.

I cannot wait to return sometime in the future. Feel free to ask any questions if you are thinking of going to these apartments. I would recommend apartment 403 for the fantastic views over La Vistas beach and it is also central for everything.
Hi ladyl

Unfortunately we have had to delete your review and those apartments from our database. The page was created when the complex was a tourist aparthotel. However it has since become private after the apartments were sold off privately.

The reason we no longer allow it is that some unscrupulous apartment owners post ficticious reviews which may mislead our members. Also there can be wide variances between the different apartments so a review for one particular apartments may not apply to others within the same complex as they are all individually owned with different furnishing, etc.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.