Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hiya

A small quote from our weather page about the DR weather cycle through the year:
"As you move on round the coast to La Romana on the South-East coast - and inland toward the 'town of artists', and rich man's 'peccadillo' Altos de Chavon, the driest period also lasts from December to March.
Here the Dominican Republic weather begins to confuse the unwary again as there is a 'wetter' period during May. It is then dry and sunny again during the summer months. But in September/October the rains return again. Overall, though, this area tends to experience a lower annual rainfall than other parts of the country."

The weather does vary through the year in terms of where and when the drier or wetter periods are. So (1) You are heading somewhere that can traditionally experience a 'wetter' period in May - although overall is drier than average as a resort BUT (2) Even if it is wet - this normally means a bout of hard, heavy, tropical rain that refreshses the plants and then gives way to great sunshine again real soon (not normally like the UK where the grey sets in for the fortnight!!)

The mountainous terrain inland creates quite distinct weather tendencies in different areas of the island - but with luck you'll not have prolonged period of rain - of course it is always posible that it could teem down for a day or threee- it has been known and global climate changes have led to some freaky weather events in recent years... But we'll be keeping fingers crossed for you! :tup

Your resort has good to great feedback and the hotel and complex has all inclusive 24 hours a day services - so there'll always be some sustenance available even if you have been burning-the-candle!

Sure you'll have a wonderful time! But don't know how you'll keep quiet for so long - I couldn't!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.