Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi- you won't need a trip in Rhodes, all the shopping and history you could want are just steps away from where the ships dock. Recommend you do some research on Rhodes town to see what interests you.
We have done Athens ourselves by train. It's about 25 minutes walk along the seafront to the station, from there it's very easy, signs in English as well as Greek. Most people get off at Monastiraki (hope that's right spelling) which is almost directly underneath the Acropolis. Haven't done the walk up from there myself - looks quite steep but not too far. Last time we got off at Thissio (the station before) and went to the Ancient Agora, you can also get to Acropolis from there.
Is it Kusadasi for Ephesus? If so we found the taxis a bit cheaper if you walk away from the cruise terminal towards Mouse Island. However, it's one of those places where you might be better off with a guided tour to make sense of it all. Kusadasi itself is ok for beach and shopping.
Can't help with the other places, sorry. Looks a lovely itinerary.
kate
did it on ocean village 2.
limassol, walk out of docks,and past the taxi rank, and there's a bus stop,which goes up & down seafront every 15 minutes.
Egypt, its a dump,but to see pyramids your best booking the simply pyramids offer.its all a rip off,but you have no other way around it?
Rhodes,docks right in town centre.
turkey,docks right in town centre,
Athens,here you need to go left out of dock complex,walk for 15mins, to metro station,and from here you can access everything in this city,i never paid anywhere near what others paid on organised travel, you can do this one very easy,as the metro, was used for the olympics and its very safe,and cheap.

enjoy,have a great time, but only spend on the egypt one, and dont expect the buffet to be as you think it will? or indeed even paying to get out of a toilet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.