Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Ocean Village 2
57 Posts
Just a quickie in case anybody grumbles. Both pools were child friendly whilst we were on board. Could have been for the halfterm period only but there were certainly plenty of grumpy old codgers whining about it!

Come to think of it, they were the same ones who had beds at the side of the pool and were also whining about being splashed - well DUH!
Thanks Luci. I thought these were 2 different ships but just wondered what people's thoughts were on Ocean Village overall, or perhaps they could recommend a different company to try. Want something more relaxed and english type foods (for him, not me!).
We have an Ocean Village topic and a Island Escape topic which may be what you are looking for if you're after an informal cruise.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci - that's just what I was looking for.
Don't forget, you can also read our reviews by clicking on the link at the top of the page.

very quiet of late.
has anyone been on recently?
Going on ocean village 2 ,for 2 weeks in september 07. Has anyone been on ov2 this summer would love to hear from you, also what are the best trips to do with ov2, and what ones to do DIY.
Hi twiggy01 and welcome to HT!

You can read our reviews of the OV2 by clicking the Cruise Reviews link at the top of the page.

Can bottles of alcohol bought in the onboard duty free be taken to your cabin.
Does anyone know flight times from either Stansted or East Midlands
It's possible the duty free shop won't be open onboard if you are in EU waters. If it is open then they usually keep any duty free drinks purchased until the last night.

Flying time to Palma would be 3 to 3-1/2 hours.

Anyone going on the villas n vinyards 25th September??? were off then and I cant wait!!! :D
going on OV2 in jan for 2 weeks around the caribbean and was wondering what currency to take. we will be buying drinks on ship and shopping ashore.
My wife and myself are going on a two week cruise to the Caribbean on Ocean Village 2 on 26th November. I have already been told not to book my excursions on the ship but to use the taxis on the jetty when we dock (memories of Goa) but I was wondering if it would be best to get our dollars before we go or would we get a better rate of exchange on the ship or in the various ports when we dock. Also what are the prices of drinks onboard, beer etc. and can we buy a bottle of wine at a reasonable price for a night cap in our cabin or are you permitted to buy it onshore and take it back onboard? Thanks in advance. Lenny :cheers
Change your money before your holiday. The best rates at the moment are with Post Office or Marks & Spencer.
Don't know about cost of drinks. As far as taxi's are concerned I normally ask the Guest Relations how much it would cost for a taxi to where ever. Make sure that you agree the price before you set out and are clear about what you want and where you want to go.
You may find someone to share a taxi with.

Sue
Merged with existing topic.

You will probably get a poor rate of exchange on the ship. I would suggest takiing some currency with you and using ATM's in port.

The Nationwide FlexAccount card gives you the best rate without charging any fees. If you have a different card you should check with your bank or on their website for their fees.

has anyone used, or knows anything about, the club lounge aboard OV2???

i have sailed on the ship before but never even knew it existed until today.
just wondered if it was worth the money (£70pppw i think)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.