France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I wouldn't bank on sunshine and would certainly avoid the period around the 1 November period when all French schoolchildren are on Toussaint holiday and everybody is on the move to clean the tombs and gravestones of their family and pay homage ...................
Got to agree
September October weather is usually wet all over the Med coast which is why we've changed to going in June /July now
If you can do so, its worth grabbing a last minute deal for the summer holidays. The weather will be fab out there and you're guaranteed to soak up some rays. Found an article when I was looking to book a last minute trip on sunny places in France which may help your decision on where to go on the P&V holidays blog spot. Can't post the link as I have only just joined but it lists a lot of sunny places along the French Riviera as well as places to go and sights to see. Search P&V holidays blog into google and hopefully it will come up with the right article

I'm still looking to find the perfect holiday spot! Would be keen to hear other people's experiences in the French Riviera!
athena_surf wrote:
I'm still looking to find the perfect holiday spot! Would be keen to hear other people's experiences in the French Riviera!

Hi there Athena Surf not sure when you last visited the French Med Coast but October is now getting very wet and stormy
anyway tell us what you describe as your perfect holiday style you never know we could be able to give you some pointers in the right direction to stay
Well I was thinking somewhere along the French Riviera... a chance to soak up the beautiful Mediterranean climate, whilst eating good food and drinking fine wines. I'm thinking of going September maybe?
athena_surf wrote:
Well I was thinking somewhere along the French Riviera... a chance to soak up the beautiful Mediterranean climate, whilst eating good food and drinking fine wines. I'm thinking of going September maybe?

For good food and ambience pick any small town along the coast
We LOVE Colloiure and Canet
the area South of Perpignan whilst not Riviera is in my mind far more French (though is much more Catalan) and far more relaxed
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will have a look at the towns you recommended. I was fortunate enough to go to a few places in Catalonia a few years ago and I adored it!
I am sure you will have a lovely time and enjoy yourself thoroughly, but PLEASE don't depend on good weather as the main element of a successful holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.