Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
HI
We are off to on 24th feb to the Badala Park its our first time to Gambia , and i booked it as a surprise for y hubbys 50th.
Flying from east mids at 9 30 am

sue
Hello there.

Think we have already talked through TA ;)

Only 3 weeks now :tup

Cant wait for some warmth and sunshine and off course a few Julbrews :cheers
Hiya

Yes maybe we have...have you read the review on TA about the badala park? I am a little worried now having not been to Gambia before and booking it as i did for my hubbys 50th :(
yes the badela park is not looking good at moment through the TA site but i personnaly always read reviews etc for where ever we go and sometimes wonder what oter people see that i dont :think
we stayed at badela the very first time we went to gambia 6 years ago and although it was not very good we did return again to gambia but stayed at sunbeach in cape point which was 10x better.
the gambia is a bit of a culture shock and you will get pestered by bums and hotel staff saying how poor they are but believe me they are not as poor as they make out so be firm with them.
do not fall for sob stories if you wish to help anyone out try the local scholls they need it and take things for the kids etc.
anyone know if you still pay £5 entry to get into the gambia going 3 march thankyou :que
hi as far as i can remember the entry fee will be in the cost of your holiday. :tup
HI Entry Visa charge was scrapped a few years ago,have been aked if I have anything for the boys,but no official charge , you still have to fill in the visa form on the plane so remember your pen ,cheers enjoy your hols maxie :fly off on the 23rd GREEEAATTT no more cold for a bit
Where you staying Maxie??

With regards the Badela Park if you look at the TA reviews there are more positives than negatives ;)
Hi I stay in a local guest house in KERR SERIGN, pay the maid /cook myself . peeps should give them a try some time but dont pay 900 dalasi a night ,cheers maxie If you see me and my old african electric wheelchair say hello :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.