Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
also whats the code too phone the uk off you mobile... cheers xx
also whats the code too phone the uk off you mobile

If you really must phone home
0044 or +44 then the number (omitting the initial "0")
A word of caution, it is VERY expensive to use mobiles in Egypt. I rang someone off this forum when i went and it cost me around £80 for about 20 mins. Take pay as you go, that way it wont hurt your pocket to much :yikes

If you are A1 and get on with the food thats great for your pocket, if you dont like the food then you will have to find places to eat, and that can have many ranges of prices. So take extra for that, just in case.

Most of your money will go on trips, which are fairly reasonable if you go on any.

Tipping is really expected as they are on very poor wages. It used to be 10LE (egyptian pound) to one of our £'s in resort, so we gave the porter a couple of quid for cases etc, and tip the man who cleans your room, leave it on the bed. Dont tip waiters for A1, you can if you want, but they get wages, albeit poor. Thats to give you an idea.
By a phone simcard when you are there if you are going to make a lot of calls, it works out cheaper.
Im also staying at this hotel!, but in feburary :) 115 DAYS AND COUNTING :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.