Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No joke - the price of veg in India has gone up by 50% so eat it all up or pay :que

Don't know about these fines but you will find that the amount of veg in your dishes has been reduced considerably if you have say aloo palak (potatoes and spinach) there will be much less potatoes and more sauce along with smaller portions of rice and dal.

The prices of veg and lentils have increased by almost 50% and in some cases (like lentils) almost 100% so there are much less veg in restaurant meals as they do not want to be seen to increase the price of their meals. Daily wage people in India are finding it very hard to be able to eat as they were this time last year.
Now then....I wonder who collects the fines? The leftover police?

You do wonder sometimes, don't you? :que
Can somebody please confirm it's almost Christmas and not April 1st....... :rofl

Leftover police!
Roma, that's hilarious.

Seriously, somebody we were talking to recently also mentioned the soaring cost of staple food such as rice and lentils.
We didn't notice significantly smaller portions of food though.
Thats because with the high prices charged to tourists there is no need to scrimp on the ingredients. In most of India, the working man would be paying rs10-15 at a roadside stall for his meal, assuming he had not brought a tiffin from home.....................
Can somebody please confirm it's almost Christmas and not April 1st.......NOT IF YOU ARE VERY HUNGRY
Leftover police!
Roma, that's hilarious - YES - I WOULD FIND IT HILARIOUS IF I WAS STARVING - VERY FUNNY PPC

Seriously, somebody we were talking to recently also mentioned the soaring cost of staple food such as rice and lentils.

Yes somebody like me who buys staples for local people finds it hilarious that you find it funny
Waterproof
please point out where I said that the soaring cost of food was 'funny' or 'hilarious'.

And surely my use of the word 'seriously' would indicate that my earlier remarks were not serious.

My comments in the first part of my post were based on the the link provided by del949 detailing the (imho) bizarre idea of restaurants fining diners if they didn't clear their plates, not on the difficulties of local people affording basic food.
I always look at this forum in the run up to my annual trip to Goa.
I am more of a reader than a poster, but all this sniping at each other over peoples comments is geting really BORING.
My thoughts exactly Philf and yours isn't the only complaint we've been getting. Banning is going to be started pretty soon.

Topic locked.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.