Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
old or new
28 Posts
old town is 1 end of beach, levante is the other.

old town is small, cobbled streets, more spanish.

beach, square and levante are more modern, more resort like i suppose.

where you stay depends on what you want, although you can easily walk to both
so doesn't really matter.
Thanks for your reply, looking at hotel levante club in rincon de loix area of benidorm, is this area ok? any help appreciated :think
I've never been to Benidorm (going next week) but am sure my friend said that the rincon de loix area is the hilly bit? Am sure the Benidorm regulars will let you know if I'm mistaken. :tup
Benidorm Old Town is sandwiched between the Poniente and Levante beaches and districts.

The Levante stretches a couple of kilometres east from the Old Town towards the Rincon de Loix, incorporating the area known as the New Town, which contains much of Benidorm's nightlife, and some of the larger high rise hotel and apartment complexes.

The Poniente stretches a couple of kilometres west from the Old Town towards La Cala Finestrat. Poniente is a massive area like the Levante, but nowhere near as densely populated in terms of accommodation, bars, restaurants or holidaymakers.

But the Old Town itself is beautiful, full of shops, bars, restaurants, tapas, lovely old buildings, narrow pedestrianised streets and a wide selection of smaller hotels.

The Old Town, Levante and Poniente are all completely different in character, giving almost three different resorts in one, which is partly what makes Benidorm so popular as it has something for everyone. It is worth visiting all three areas during any holiday to Benidorm, but which area you would want to be based or spend most of your time in depends on what you want from your holiday in the way of accommodation, closeness to nightlife, etc.

Glynis mentions the Rincon being hilly and yes, there are certainly some very steep hills at that end of Benidorm, but some of it is on the level too. The same applies with the Old Town and Poniente areas, a few steep hills, but lots of places on the level too.

The Hotel Levante Club (not on one the steep hills) is a popular choice with our members, you can access more discussion and reviews HERE.

David :wave
Thanks for all your replies :tup now looking at venus hotel, we have to find a hotel that has good entertainment for my elderly parents as they stay in at night, but close enough for us (myself, hubby and 19year old daughter) to get to nightime entertainment, it has been said that area you stay depends on what your looking for, does anyone think that the venus is in a good spot for us?
Hi caziann ... yes, the Venus would certainly be convenient for all the nightlife. For my personal liking, it may actually be a bit too close and so between the Venus and Levante Club that you have mentioned, I would prefer the Levante Club. But that's just my personal preference, and a lot depends too on the time of year that you would be visiting. For more on the Venus, please click HERE and feel free to post any specific questions you might have about that hotel.

thanks David :) looking at 25th sept for two weeks, is this a good time of year? is benidorm ok for 2 weeks?
Yes, that's a good time to be in Benidorm. Not as hot as July/August, not as busy either, but hopefully still plenty to keep a 19 year old happy. Is Benidorm okay for 2 weeks ? Yes, if that's all you can manage, then it's better than nothing. :wink
The Venus hotel entertainment caters mostly for the Spanish for ballroom dancing,unless your parents dance I dont think the entertainment will be their cup of tea.The hotel is very good though, stayed there twice.The best entertianment in a hotel we saw was at the Riudor hotel but the last time we were there the food was terrible,they had changed the chef from the previous time. Sorry I cant be more helpful.
I think we've taken a walk up to the Poniente beach end of town once in the last twelve years that we've been going to Benidorm, so that can be taken as an indication of how much there is to do there! Almost all the nightlife is in the Levante beach area and the old town. We like to stay around the middle of the Levante area, then we can easily walk to the old town or in the other direction to Rincon de Loix.
Hotel Venus is in a good central location. It is a very flat area so it's not hard to walk around.
Be warned, the night life that your daughter will probably be looking for doesn't start up until very late! The young seem to become nocturnal creatures in Benidorm.
Thanks for that, but need good food too
Is the venus close to bars with entertainment, singers, bingo etc? my parents are ok with walking short distances.
The Venus IMO is in just the right location. Over the road is the Presidente hotel and underneath that you have the UK Cabaret bar which has some good acts on,
the seating is more comfortable than some others, and a much nicer ambiance.
The Venus sounds as though it would be a good choice for you. If you decide to book try and make sure you get a room with a pool view as some of the rooms overlook the road and don't get so much sun.
without being rude, how old are your parents?

the venus and certainly the part of benidorm it's in may well be too lively for them.

you mentioned levante club hotel, that is in a much quieter location
but may be too remote for you, although it's only a 15/20 minute walk
to the square.

what about flamingo oasis or melia? both on road up to levante club.

I'm only in my 40's, didn't think much of entertainment in levante club
flamingo oasis much better IMO.
Personally, I would think the Levante Club, Flamingo Oasis etc are a bit too far out if you intend leaving your parents there and walking to the lively bit. It's a good 15 minute (at least) walk from there to the centre of the entertainment area. The Venus is close enough to the lively area but not too close to be noisy. Then if your parents decided to venture out one night they wouldn't have far to walk.
Hi rennie, my parents are 75, they enjoy entertainment in working mens clubs back home, singer, bingo etc. we are in our 40s, so not looking for night clubs, just good caberet entertainment, i was a bit worried actually how close venus was too clubs, is there any other good areas to stay which are lively but not over the top?
IMO the Venus is about right. It's close to the cabaret entertainment, but not close to the square where all the clubs are. Right opposite the Venus is the Presidente which houses the UK Bar (cabaret). There is limited cabaret style entertainment in the area of the Levante Club and Flamingo Oasis.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.