Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Knowing two people... Not really an issue, best bet is to use your hotel as one address andyou could always use Children Walking Tall as the second address. I have no idea what I used but I don't think it really matters...

Flights only, most of the accomodation available is not bookable by the internet or phone (unless you have patience). There are LOTS of places, over Christmas things do disappear fast and prices do sour but there's still places available, you've just got to look harder.... Worst case just get something away from the beach for the first few nights until you can find somewhere nice....

Hope this helps
I used my hotel as one and my travel agent as the other
Did my two UK ones and the hotel address as 1 indian and left the other blank and it was fine.
I only put two contacts here in England and got my visa ok last week.

Sue
Same here. Indian referees not needed.
I used the hotel and the british embassy addresses. No problem.
Never filled the section in regarding.....India contacts...just put N/A...never a problem... :shrug
Send Visa applications to London on Thursday 24th Nov and got them back today 7th Dec - Less than two weeks, cant be bad.

Put Hotel & favourite shack as references, no problem.
Just a thought- if you have a resident visa are you entitled to the same perks as a resident Indian - i.e. Travel by air --currency rupees and hotel stays in rupees, etc .Interesting.Brian. :P
Hi all,could anyone let me know when the visa surgeries are in 2006.....
a friend has decided to go to Goa (at last !!) in late January,and thinks its too much of a risk sending his passport to either London or Birmingham with it been Xmas and our reliable Post Office service...
I have tried the Indian High Commision site on the net...it only covers 2005.....iv'e tried phoning with no joy....
Help ASAP....thanks..
Noggin,
From experience they are usually held on the same week end as the previous year.
The Visa stickie has them for 2005.
There is one in Blackburn this Saturday.

We sent ours to London on 30th Dec and they were back by 8th Dec.

If you are near Leicester there is a charity "Bhaarat Welfare Trust" that will take it for you to Birmingham and usually back in 48 hours. They like a donation for their trouble (about £7.50). If you need their details PM me.

Steve
Noggin,
That should have been 30th Nov & back on 8th dec.
:oops:
Cheers steve...(i did notice your deliberate mistake !!!!) :glynis
Just been on site and got a few phone numbers,will try tomorrow...
Cheers steve.. :glynis
Just phoned the venue for visa surgeries at both Leeds and Preston..and like Steve has said they are on the same weekend as the previous year.....
Leeds this year...22/1/05...next year...21/1/06....(phone 01132636525)
Preston this year...15/1/05....next year...14/1/06..(phone 01772825665)
I assume that this will be the same across the board...
Cheers Steve and i hope this helps people.. :glynis
Sent my special delivery envelope with 2 passports 5th Dec 2005 and both passports were delivered back to me with 6 month visas 13th Dec, using the london address. Excellent service quicker than last year
Ours took 8 days from posting to recieving as well. Much better than previous yeas when it has taken up to 3 weeks.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.