Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
OLYMPIC AIRLINES
10 Posts
TWEETIE PIE,

Have a look at Airline Quality and Car Survey (Flights) for opinions and Olympic Airlines website for information about them. You don't say where you are flying from, but your flights'll be operated by one of their Boeing 737's from Gatwick or Airbus A340 / Boeing 737 from Heathrow.

Darren
In the past I used them a lot to fly from Heathrow to Athens. I've also used their inter-island flights.

The aircraft from London were always OK but had a tendency to leave late. Flight crews were also OK but less smiley than you may have found on other airlines. It tends to be like that in the service industries in Greece. Folks are more serious but they are polite, have manners and are efficient. I much prefer that to those you blind you will teeth and can't do their job. I always enjoyed Olympic's food too although it has now been a few years since I flew with them so maybe that has changed.

Dazbo can probably give you more info on their saftey record but if I remember correctly they have had very few incidents. I heard years ago that all of their pilots were ex-Greek airforce. Again, I still don't know if that's the case.

Inter-island flights wree mostly on their Atr42 and 72's. Old aircraft and a bit shabby. But..they got us there!

If you are flying to Athens then check out the airport...I think it's one of the best in Europe.

bill
:tup thanks for replies...flying from manchester to athens...am going to check those sites out for more info
been on review site...horriffic stuff...not looking forward to flying with them...just keep reminding myself that people who have good experiences dont seek out somewhere to advertise it as much as those who feel disgruntled due to a bad experience...you would hope that the airlines read the posts and act on them and improve there PR and reputation...but the complaints seem consistent year after year the problems not resolved...the fact that it seems the flight assistants ect are civil servants and by Greek law cant be sacked could be a big part of the on going complaints....I read on a news topic that there were delays and cancelations due to staff striking because the goverment has said it is taking it over if dead line passed for private takeover, as they are loosing millions every day...hope things dont go pear shaped before we fly
Yeah lots of stuff of privatisation and the demise of the airline as it is currently known. Strikes as recent as last Thursday.

Nivsy
I had booked seats to Santorini next May only to find the newly privatised airline are not flying from Manchester. I have been offerred flight from Heathrow ( not an option from Yorkshire) or a refund. I have opted for the refund and wait with baited breath!! watch this space. anyone else in the same position?
hii greekofile....hope you get sorted....are they not doing any flights from manchester then....shame if thats the case ....santorini was one of the places I had earmarked for the future....but need fly from manchester or liverpool....and dont like the parking at lpool...tweetie
Thomsons are doing flights from Manchester to Santorini next May. Just done a check and I can book 4th - 11th May 2010 (TOM2254)
ANYONE STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND?
Fear not my money has just cleared into my account for flights that were cancelled after the airline was sold to private hands and stopped flights from Manchester. I have an e mail address in Greece if anyone needs the contact for a refund. akokaliari@olympic-airways.gr
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.