I booked a holiday with On The Beach I had a text on Sunday 9th July to say theyneeded to speak to me regarding the booking and would be calling me which they
did quite quickly.The lady said the hotel we booked was not available on thedates and had looked for earlier and later dates but no availability. She
offered me a different hotel Las Salinas but I said I needed to investigate first
and we agreed she would call me back in an hour. But she did not call me back.
The hotel was still pending on My Bookings.I then went back onto the site and booked a different hotelfor the same dates, same people, same town. This was confirmed immediately.Monday evening the 10th July I receive an emailconfirming my original holiday was now confirmed. I checked my credit card to confirm
that over £4000 was taken off my card.I tried to contact them but the offices were closed so I emailedthe customer care team and had the usual auto reply.I called 9am on Tuesday 11th July and was on holdfor 45 minutes before I could actually speak to an advisor.I explained everything and he said to cancel the 2ndbooking would incur costs of over £900, I said no there is no fee as it was
your error in the first place. He would not budge. I asked for a manager but he
said they would tell me the same. He told me to email customer care which I said
i had but he said it would take up to 56 working days to reply. Meanwhile I have
£4000 on my credit card, luckily 0% on purchases. He (Dan) asked why I did not wait until Monday to speak tothem before booking another holiday. I said why would I as they had contacted
me to tell me it wasn’t available.How can this be right?I have proof of the texts on my mobile and have the numberthey called on logged too.