France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
You can see a lot of the sights on a river cruise, I love Paris and personally would decide what are 'must see's' for you personally we didn't go to the top of the Tour Eifell as my hubby was scared but I would have liked to, I loved Sacre Coeur and the artist quarter and the left bank also Jardin des Tuileries (spelling) we didn't do the Louvre as not enough time but that is somewhere I must go we did visit Longchamp and also Versailles and Fontainbleau I love Versailles both the palace and the town another must do for me is a walk down the Champs elysee and the Arc de Triomphe
I think the previous post tells gives you a good idea of what to see, though I wouldn't attempt Versailles, you really need a whole day for that alone.
Try and go up the Eifel Tower and walk along the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. You may want to visit Napoleon's tomb at Les Invalides, and of course there is the Notre Dame.
The main two department stores are Galeries Lafayette and Printemps both situated on Blvd. Hausmann. Though there are lots of small shops dotted about all over the place.
I find the AA City Packs very usefull, they contain maps give you (usually) the 10 most interesting things to see,opening times and prices and lots of other info.
Paris is a lovely city with loads of things to see but it can be very tiring. I would buy a guide then plan my day.The metro is very easy to use. If the weather is bad there are loads of things to see indoors and if it's nice it's great just walking about.
thank to you both for the info. The boat trip sounds a great idea, and i will also get a travel guide.

thank you
Hi Beachcomber

You may also find the Paris topic in the city breaks forum helpful :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.