Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I would go to Suan Luan night market - Next to Lumphini Park. You can get there by metro or taxi.

Go to the 'food hall' whoch is the size of a football pitch and has around hundreds of tables and chairs. AT the front is a stage which has live music all night. Waitresses serve very cheap drinks to you table. You change money for vouchers and go to any of about 50 food stalls along the side ... for great quality and cheap food. Difficult to spend more than £10 all night!

Failing that I would go to Cabbages and Condoms just off Sukhumvit Road. Very good food and great location.
Suan Luan night market sounds great- is it good for shopping too?
i must admit I am leaning towards Cabbages and Condoms - even though I have been before I like the pretty fairy lights and of course it is a 'thai institution'
thanks for the reply.
Suan luan is very good for shopping. Lots of alleyways with small shops as well a sthe usual tourist stuff and cd/dvds etc. I always spend at least one night here when in bangkok.

More expensive could be vertigo on 60th floor of Banyon Tree hotel. Eat and drink on the roof high above the city - stunning and good food too.

Enjoy your trip!!!
I have to say on visiting Cabbages and Condoms this March that while the restaurant is fun with all the twinkly lights etc , I did not think the food was all that great.

Its a while since I've been but the Seafood Market restaurant in Sukumvit provided us a good meal, you pick your food and place it in a supermarket trolley then its cooked as per your instructions.
Hi,

If you go to the Thailand Travel Forum - http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/main.html - and do a search for emdee (select all results), you will find an excellent series of posts detailing an extensive list of very comprehensive restaurant reviews from Bangkok, Chang Mai and Hua Hin. Most are entitled "Eating around" but there are also individual reviews. We ate at some of the establishments he recommended in Hua Hin last September and the reviews were spot on.

Regards,

Heather
bkk
Hi Shirley, I agree with Sunbear - although C&C was very nice I wouldn't rush to return. Crepes & co was lovely although a bit continental but a welcome change. What about Tongue Thai - it gets good reviews.
Some of the best places to eat are the ones you find when strolling about, especially in Sukhumvit area. Look for places that are busy then you know you've found somewhere good. Most of the 'named' restaurants that people mention on forums are overpriced and over-rated. Find your own, there's plenty of choice.
Suan luan was recommended to us but we ran out of nights!!
I do agree Chris with what you said and tend to do this when in a resort or when I have longer than a few nights.
Our favourite of the three we tried this time was the Mango Tree. Beautiful food and lovely surroundings. It is off of Patpong and you get off at the Sala Daeng skytrain stop for it. We tried three new ones- the other one I loved previously was Harmonique- defintely not luxurious surroundings but quite unique.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.