Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi,
we stayed in the onario apartments a couple of years ago, i think most of the apartments have a pool view as there is two buildings.
the ontario are fine and very clean, the entertainment is quite good, if a little wild at times, we have a young daughter. my only problem with them is the location, i found cap salou a little far away from the main area, but if you are looking for a quite holiday perfect. remember to visit port aventura and buy tickets before you go, much cheaper. i hope you have a great holiday any more questions just ask :)
Hi Sarah, thanks for that info. Is it in walking distance of Salou? our kids are between 7 and 11 so don't mind a walk as long as its well lit at night. Is there a promenade type walk alongside the beach to Salou?
Will be going to portaventura for sure. travel republic seem to be the cheapest i've seen for tickets, do you recommend anyone else.
Just have to hope we get a good placed room, can't find an email address for the hotel anywhere.
Thanks again Sarah
Hi robo20,

It is about 3 miles from the centre of salou, we took the bus or a little tram train during the day and a taxi back at night, even though you dont need to go in every day as cap salou has nice restaurants and beach, it is also a short walk to cambrills{i think its called} which is a nice old fishing village. There is a lovely promenade in salou itself, with really well priced restaurants looking out onto the sea, we bought our tickets from first choice but i think most are around the same price. The bus from ontario will take you directly to port aventura or to salou. If you have the 7/14 day ticket you can get into the costa caribe for half price after 2 each day.

happy holidays any other questions just ask

sarahnew
Hi again,
I read somewhere that Cap Salou has a bar and restaurant area where there is also a kids play area. This would be perfect if so, is it quite near the Ontario.
Also see there is 2 waterparks, what one would you say was best for kids 7,8 and 11
Thanks again :)
The 2 water parks are Aquopolis and Costa Caribe, Costa caribe belongs to port aventura and aquopolis is a "old" one I mean I was there since ever for me...

99% locals agree that Aquopolis is much better than costa Caribe but i couldn't tell you for small kids and to be honest I haven't been in Costa Caribe for a long time so I don't know if they improved it or not...
hi again robo20,

sorry but dont know about the kids play area, never saw it when i was there, maybe someone else knows it.the costa caribe is a fun day out more for the little ones but with a few bigger slides, it is half price after 2 if you have a portaventura ticket. but saying that my daughter preferred the Aquapolis as the rides are a bit better and there is also a dolphin show. So maybe it would be a better option for your kids :wave:
Hi again,
Just read on another forum last week that the Ontario is closed for renovations untill end of June. We don't go till the 7th of July so its kinda close. Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about it, or if its on schedule to finish on time.
Starting to think thomas cook are going to be in touch last minute to put us somewhere else, hope not unless its an upgrade.
:wave: if they do ask for the med village it's great for kids club and entertainment (my opinion)
Hi

Can you point me to where you read that Ontario is closed for renovations....
anyone know or have any news about the renovations taking place at the Ontario. Its suppose to be closed till end of June, we go 2nd week in July so trying to find out if it will be finished
Robo as far as i know Ontario belongs to besthotels at http://www.besthotels.es on that site there are a hpone number and email too maybe u can try to contact them and ask... they have no news about this
Spanish thanks for that, got a reply back today saying it opens again on the 15th June
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.