Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Bossman - We've stayed at the Ronil Beach five times so I guess we like it! Rooms are fairly basic although last November they opened a brand new block of bedrooms at the rear of the site.

Some rooms are ropey - especially those facing outwards at the back - V Block. There is a heck of a lot of repeat custom so the guys on reception sometimes give new people poor rooms. If that happens, just complain and say you're not accepting it. You'll get the Indian nodding head but hang on in there and you'll get moved!

The reviews say it all really - great staff, excellent location and really good food.

E-mail ahead and ask for pool view in Block B,C or D or in the new rooms. They're sure to ignore it but it gives you a starting point when you have to complain!

Don't let these comments put you off - it's one of the better hotels.
roma hi
we have been moved to the ronil today..was staying at the nizmar but got told it has been overbooked..would you say these are the best blocks to ask for??what about block a and b.any advice would be good..also do there have fridges in them thanks
Hi Robbie,

Block E is OK so long as you're not facing the road where it gets noisy. That breadman on his bike at 6am doesn't know how close he's come to getting his horn shoved where the sun doesn't shine!

Block V is at the back and the rooms facing inwards towards the rear pool are very good (and quieter) but the ones facing outwards are really not acceptable.

I would say B,C, D and V are best - all with pool view. Block E facing inwards is quite good. The new rooms look good.

Don't hesitate to complain to reception if you're not happy with your first allocation. The guys are used to it and will move you when they can.

Hope you enjoy it.
Robbie - Sorry I didn't answer your question about fridges. Unfortunately the rooms don't have a fridge - I'm not sure but I think you may be able to hire one.
We are going back to the Ronil for the 3rd time on 20th March (can't wait!!) :lol:
As previously mentioned, it's fairly basic but the staff are friendly and it's clean. I'ts on the doorstep for everything and not far to walk to the beach etc.
We also asked to be moved from the block at the back last year as the noise from the building work was driving us nuts.
The food is fantastic, you must try the chicken tikka makhni and the freshly made romali roti's, dont order too many though, they are massive!! Hubby also say's the lobster was excellent.
Hope you enjoy it
roma
thanks for the info..
ill make sure we are not in block E..it wont be just the breadmans horn getting shoved somewhere.??
gutted about the fridge thing..on a couple of other posts it says there is a minibar?if anyone can add to this thanks..
alfmac
will prob see you there..you wont be able to miss us...
thanks
Robbie, I'm almost certain that you can hire a fridge at the Ronil.
Never had a mini bar though! They serve in the bar until around midnight, sometimes a bit later in the air conditioned bar with the pool table near reception. There are a few bars just outside over the road which stay open til dawn if anybody is still up.
If you buy ice cold water/pop/beer at the hotel bar just before you go back to your room and leave it on the bathroom floor or in front of your air conditioning unit it is usually drinkable.
We arrive on Tues 21st March, 9 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!! :hyper
Hope to see you there having a brilliant time.
You cant miss us, we are a party of 8, 40 somethings, let loose from working like dogs for the NHS Bradford, so we might be a bit giddy! :pele
Have a good one
Hi Bossman,
Never stayed there but have eaten there a couple of times, the food was superb. My neighbour goes there every year, he says he would not go anywhere else, so he obviously loves it there.
Oh by the way, it is actually in Baga. (at the end of Tito's road).
Go there I am sure you will like it.

Best Regards
Stewbacca :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.