Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ordo Sounsar
27 Posts
Hi Pedro
stayed there for 2 nights its a paradise within paradise
you go over a small man made bridge to a secluded site The web site they have dosent tell you about the forest behind you what comes alive with monkeys or the veiw of the lagoon from your beach hut. Well worth going you wont be disapointed i promise could go on for ages about the place Let me know what you want to know and ill tell you

sharon
Sharon
I have just requested it to be added to our review page. Would you be willing to review it for us?
How much is it to stay there?
Sharon has posted her review here
Thanks Sharon! :D
Why when i email the email address on their website do i get the email returned undelivered? Anyone elkse had this problem? I've checked and double checked the address i.ve sent it to to make sure i've got it right!
Anyone got a different contact email?
Sharon did you book prior to your stay?
didnt book no we never book any where, just go and look around a few places and if clean and ok we stay if not move on This time we were lucky we found a perfect place cost is 700rps a night there are 2 huts ensuite which will be a little more but because its new you may not have a problem with booking a hut on the day (fingers crossed )
sharon
Thanks alot Sharon, will chance getting one when we arrive, if we dont get one there, we'll get one on the beach hopefully, if not we'll go bk that day :(
try this. I have emailed them a few times and always had a prompt reply.

ordosounsar@rediffmail.com
thanks Pedro, thats us booked for our hols, hope its nice, looks nice on website. Any other comments from people that have stayed here? :)
just returned from goa stayed at these huts and they were out of this world, good location,good food and good company couldn't ask for more. i would try to book in advance as you would be dissapointed if they were full when you arrive. we got the last room availableand the huts were then full for the next 3 days or so.
Hi we stayed at San Francisco Holiday Resort Beach huts, (I have their email address if you need it) - on Palolem Beach, the shacks had a toilet and shower for 900rs, very basic - but cosy!! unfortuately used to stayin in hotels so 1 night was enough for us, take some warm clothes to sleep in - it was very cold at night when we were there in February, the beach is fabulous.
thanks for info wirehacker......... Is there a shack for food nearby?
Did you find it cold in evenings when you were there?
hi rach9,
there's plenty of shacks/restaurants/bars close by 2/3 mins walk and yes it was cooler in the evenings but it was very welcome and better for sleeping. infact we needed the blankets which when we arrived i thought we won't be needing that but we did.
Thanks wire,
Is there a shack thats part of the huts complex? Or are the shacks individual? If so which one did you eat in most??
rach9,
i've filled in a review on the hotel section, but yes they serve their own food and its great. we had a fish bbq 1 night and it was fantastic with most of the guest in attendance and only 250 rupees each, if you decide to go for longer threre are plenty of other options available to you. palolem is very cosmopolitan, you can walk bearfoot from the huts to the other eating places along the beach, no need to dress up but you can if you desire. the huts are a great place to chill and relax from the hussel of the northern resorts, we met and made good friends with a few couples just over the 3 days we were there, which was alot more tan we met and talked to in candolim. the resort is a bit more hippy than candolim with the age range being a bit younger in my opinion, with some colourful characters around all very friendly. go on try next when your there you will love it.
Thanks again wire.
Hadn't thought to look for hotel review as wasnt thinking of the huts in that way, but read the reports and you will be glad do know all my Q's are now answered!!
Weve booked to stay there whilst in Goa at the end of the month
:D Cant wait :D
Hi GFF thanks for the report. Did you notice if Ordo Sounsar is still standing after the recent cull of beach huts? We are booked there for mid Novv and are worried that it may be a pile of wood :(
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sorry Fingers, the weather was so bad that we couldn't walk too far up the beach. I saw the Odor Sonsour jeep parked in the main carpark so the owner is at least around.
I'll try my best to check it out on my next visit.

GFF xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.