America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Are you certain about that TeeCee?

I had heard that they hadn't decided about it yet. Sounds like it will be the 201 or the 202 to get to the strip for us next time.
Pebbles,

Obviously the Orleans management may decide to provide a shuttle to the strip somewhere anyway (good news if they do because I am staying there in Sept.)!! Fingers crossed, as I like the Orleans and it's a good price so it would be a shame if something like this made it more difficult to stay there.

Cheers,

TC
The Orleans are definitely still providing a shuttle to the strip.

They tell me it is to continue indefinitely. I do hope so.
We normally get a taxi to the Orleans or Gold Coast and the shuttle back to the strip.

I read on another forum that someone emailed the Orleans and they confirmed that the shuttle would still be running.

luci :wave
As far as I have heard the shuttle is still running. We have booked for 5-8 June, although we will probably have a car part of that time.

Got 5-8th June for $165 with their 'mardi gras package' LAT0304' I think the code is.

8-10 June Westin Casuarina - £30 per night on priceline (fri, sat, so great deal!)

10-13 Paris $99 per night on their offer which I have posted on lvtalk deals forum.

We might still change things if better deals come along, except Westin which we can't cancel.
Luci et all have you actually stayed there and if so what did you think.

We went one night and spent a few hours and ate in the Prime Rib Loft which was top notch but the wife wants Caesars Palace again but my brain is telling me that I can get Orleans hotel £1,200 cheaper than Caesars.

All comments appreciated

John
Not stayed there, only eaten at the buffet.

We prefer to stay on the strip as I couldn't be bothered faffing waiting for shuttles or paying for taxis all the time and I wouldn't like to spend all my time at the Orleans.

luci :wave
I have stayed in the Gold Coast which is a sister hotel of the Orleans and used the shuttle bus and to be honest it was no problem using the shuttle bus.

If I could save 1200 on my hotel I would because there are so many shows I could see in Vegas for that because to be honest all we did was sleep in the hotel.
John,

We've stayed in the Orleans several times and it's great for the money. The rooms are very clean, much bigger than the rooms in hotels on the strip. It has a great pool area, really big and it never gets busy at all so if you like to have a laze about during the day it's really good. Canal Street restaurant is excellent, they obviously also have the multiplex cinemas and 10 pin bowling on site for a bit of a change. Personally if it was a choice between spending £40 or £50 a night at the Orleans or £150-£200 a night at C.P., no contest, it would be Orleans everytime. You could eat at top restaurants all holiday and live like 'kings' and still only spend a similar amount of money, or just save a shed load. CP is a lovely hotel but is it really worth that kind of money just to sleep there?

Cheers,

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.