UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi,

I can certainly recommend the Aviemore/Cairngorm area for what you're looking for - we stayed in one of the Lodges at Coylumbridge which are superb though pricier than the average cottage but entitle you to use the hotel swimming pool etc and there are local companies that can provide everything else you are looking for nearby. But there's plenty of self-catering accommodation to suit a range of budgets in the vicinity from camp-sites upwards. If you fancy the general area let me know and I can provide more detailed info.

SM
The YHA offers organised or semi-organised activity holidays at extremely god prices - Edale in Derbyshire springs to mind as they offer hiking, climbing, kayaking, riding etc and it's an often neglected area - really beautiful but very accessible - certainly saves battling the traffic to the Lakes or south West!! :cry:

Their website is http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hostelpages/185.html and there is an e-mail link so that you can ask about prebooking activities or even joining one of their all-inclusive organsied courses.
Thanks guys.

Will definately look into both suggestions!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.